Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

The Greg Jein Sci Fi Auction

Mustang13Camaro68Mustang13Camaro68328 DetroitPosts: 159Member
Great opportunity to collect some model reference:

Noted Sci-Fi model maker Greg Jein's collection of Sci-Fi props, costumes and model miniatures is up for sale:

https://entertainment.ha.com/c/auction-home.zx?saleNo=7278&ic=breadcrumb-entertainment-121913-interior
MustangCamaro's Other Projects: TaelonMothership MarsAttacks SeaQuestDSV

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Someone needs money. It's sad to think that when you reflect on the awesome work Greg has done over the years, but that's usually what it means when people like him start selling their stuff. It would be cool to own something he made, but I know I can't afford anything.
  • Mustang13Camaro68Mustang13Camaro68328 DetroitPosts: 159Member
    Someone needs money. It's sad to think that when you reflect on the awesome work Greg has done over the years, but that's usually what it means when people like him start selling their stuff. It would be cool to own something he made, but I know I can't afford anything.

Unfortunately he passed away recently. It's his relatives going through all his stuff that discovered these pieces and are selling them.
    I can't afford anything either, but I posted this for people here who might want the photo ref.
    MustangCamaro's Other Projects: TaelonMothership MarsAttacks SeaQuestDSV
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member

Unfortunately he passed away recently. It's his relatives going through all his stuff that discovered these pieces and are selling them.
    I can't afford anything either, but I posted this for people here who might want the photo ref.

Oh wow, I didn't know he passed away. That's truly sad, he was one of the greats. So, it's an estate auction. At least those pieces will wind up in the hands of people who will truly love them.

Photo references are always nice to have, so thanks for that.
  • vfxartvfxart1246 PNWPosts: 267Member
    Most of these will get bought and flipped over the next few years, and the deterioration will continue. That's been the way of it for 30+ years of these kinds of auctions and private sales. Some will get dismantled etc to be broken down by wannabe replica companies. Most of his friends didn't even know of some of the pieces that were packed away, and HA as usual have screwed the pooch with rushing to get things to the auction instead of doing enough cataloging and research (between the misrepresenting, and overestimating on prices).
  • jmcjmc0 Posts: 1New Member
    What items were misrepresented? There are no prices only starting bids on items over 40+ years old that have never gone up for auction before?
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    vfxart wrote: »
    Most of these will get bought and flipped over the next few years, and the deterioration will continue. That's been the way of it for 30+ years of these kinds of auctions and private sales. Some will get dismantled etc to be broken down by wannabe replica companies. Most of his friends didn't even know of some of the pieces that were packed away, and HA as usual have screwed the pooch with rushing to get things to the auction instead of doing enough cataloging and research (between the misrepresenting, and overestimating on prices).
    What you just said is sad but true. I see the Enterprise-C's warp nacelles have been detached.
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift