Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Minor forum update: Necropost tags a little more clever now

GuerrillaGuerrilla795 HelsinkiPosts: 2,868Administrator
edited April 2 in Site News #1
m2emncqrz14d.png

TLDR: Posting in your own old threads no longer triggers the Necropost tag

We have a handy little addon that tags threads that haven't had any replies in a long time with an ominous Necropost tag with skulls and everything when they get bumped. This is to let general membership know that the thread in question isn't necessarily brand new hotness worth looking at, but rather an old one that someone dug up from the archives. That's all fine, but we also encourage people returning to their old projects and the Necropost tag was indifferent of who posted a reply in the old ass thread, so I had to remove them manually whenever I happened to peruse the forums on a computer or my iPad (couldn't do it from my phone for reasons that are mostly my fault). That is, until this day. I just added a check of whether or not the person posting the comment is the person who started the thread. If yes, no necropost tag. Otherwise, necropost tags with skulls and everything and the all the shame that goes with it. In addition to making my life marginally more convenient, it also should eliminate up to several hours of unfair necropost stigma, when returning to your own old projects.

So, go forth and return to an old project, if you feel like it.

As always, you can report any bugs here or the #site-server-support channel on the Discord.
Post edited by Guerrilla on
Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
Join our fancy Discord Server!
rojrenLizzy777seanrraztovRekkert

• seanrseanr1123 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 602Member
    If there's a way to do it, it might be helpful to pop up a notice before the person posts. It's a little late after the fact in terms of cluttering up the thread list. ;)
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla795 HelsinkiPosts: 2,868Administrator
    There actually is a notification that pops up when you start typing in a really old topic. Obviously not everyone reads it, but I'd like to believe it's prevented at least a couple necroposts. I even reworded it a little today.
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!