Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DRavenna Class Schematics

FenniusFennius163 Posts: 82Member
7d6xpvk62ozp.jpg
eua27mugh30y.jpg
r5dg11qgadod.jpg
StarCruiserwibbleashleytinger
Tagged:

• PheylanPheylan528 Posts: 92Member
    Really, really nice. I like the first version the best.

What program did you use to draw these if I may ask?
    Lizzy777Fennius
  • FenniusFennius163 Posts: 82Member
    Pheylan wrote: »

So I absolutely cheated, I took the blender model I made and played with the wireframe settings following as youtube tutorial I found :D If you set it to minimum it largely just follows the hard edges, and then it just needed tweaking and compositing in photoshop
    Excalibor
  • PheylanPheylan528 Posts: 92Member
    Fennius wrote: »
    So I absolutely cheated, I took the blender model I made and played with the wireframe settings following as youtube tutorial I found :D If you set it to minimum it largely just follows the hard edges, and then it just needed tweaking and compositing in photoshop

Hey whatever works as long as it turns out looking good in the end! :)

Ages ago, I would draw them by hand in ACAD, but nowadays, I use Rhino's Make2D command. Creates near perfect schematics! Then it's just a matter of copying and pasting them into PaintShop Pro.

I wonder if there is a way of doing something similar to your method in Modo. Have to research that.

Keep up the great work!

Fennius
  • ExcaliborExcalibor4 Posts: 7Member

Great looking schematics, indeed! I think I also like the first version more than the others. The last one is also nice, but it's harder on the eyes, so the first one wins... :-)

May I ask for that tutorial? My own designs will surely benefit a lot from this technique. Thanks a bunch!
    Fennius
    Excalibor wrote: »

Great looking schematics, indeed! I think I also like the first version more than the others. The last one is also nice, but it's harder on the eyes, so the first one wins... :-)

May I ask for that tutorial? My own designs will surely benefit a lot from this technique. Thanks a bunch!

let me see if I can find it
    Excalibor wrote: »

Here we go, it doesn't actually give you a transparant wireframe so what I did was set it to black, and also set the background to black and removed the grid so all I was seeing was the wireframe. Poking the slider for it changes the numebr of faces highlighted
    Excalibor
  • LoopholeLoophole48 Posts: 68Member
    Really love this design, got any close-up 3D of it?
    Standing among giants
    Loophole wrote: »
    Really love this design, got any close-up 3D of it?

I do!

Couple of them posted in other threads, but I have a deviant art gallery for it and a couple of test renders on youtube

https://www.deviantart.com/fennius/gallery/88114818/uss-astraea

Lizzy777StarCruiser
  • ExcaliborExcalibor4 Posts: 7Member

Here we go, it doesn't actually give you a transparant wireframe so what I did was set it to black, and also set the background to black and removed the grid so all I was seeing was the wireframe. Poking the slider for it changes the numebr of faces highlighted

Thanks a bunch! Impressive 3D model as well! Keep up the great work! Cheers!

Fennius