PDA

View Full Version : XMAS2006- Tovette - "Brothers"

Tovette
5th Dec 2006, 22:55
Okay, I'm not completely sure I'll finish this challenge; I'm pretty busy with the coming holidays and deadlines before then but I'm gonna give it a shot.

Okay, so I am going to do a scifi christmas on the battlefield. This is as humorous as it is showing more of the human spirit. I am basing my illustration off of WW1 history.

In this update I am just concepting out ideas for soldier field uniforms. I have some that are more conventional with a bit of futurism and then another that is all sci-fi plate armor and stuff. Personally I think I like the leaner conventionalism of the middle one. So, I think I'm gonna go with that so far. When I get more of a final concept i'll start on the actual painting.

Larsen
5th Dec 2006, 23:02
You're my favorite designer periode:D

Love those scethes man... keep it up:thumb:

Dallidas
5th Dec 2006, 23:03
loosk great! i also like the middle one. perhaps add the shoulders of the first though?

Tovette
5th Dec 2006, 23:05
Yeah I think I may add some kind of shoulder padding. But what I want to concentrate mostly is the pants. They are sorta boring. Right now they just look like jeans. But color and camo pattern can fix that also too...

Dallidas
5th Dec 2006, 23:06
perhaps some thigh armor?

Tovette
5th Dec 2006, 23:07
perhaps some thigh armor?

yeah. Perhaps some knee pads too. All my good reference books are at home so i'm I can't really get into the nitty gritty till I get home when it comes to the details.

Larsen
5th Dec 2006, 23:11
So you're doing this at work huh... good thing one can minimize and maximize those windows in a darn hurry:D

Tovette
5th Dec 2006, 23:21
So you're doing this at work huh... good thing one can minimize and maximize those windows in a darn hurry:D

Actually it doesn't matter really.

Tinukedaya
5th Dec 2006, 23:39
Actually it doesn't matter really.

Whoa. I want job like yours. Can you really do your stuff and it doesnt matter? Nice!

Anyway. I like the simplycity of the middle one. Colors will sure take away the "boring" aspect of the pants.

Tovette
5th Dec 2006, 23:46
Whoa. I want job like yours. Can you really do your stuff and it doesnt matter? Nice!

Anyway. I like the simplycity of the middle one. Colors will sure take away the "boring" aspect of the pants.

Well I work at a game company and I'm a production artist. So, people walking by seeing me drawing is normal. :flippy:

Okay another update.

I took the middle one and tweaked it some more to refine the idea down. I think I'm going to flip the gun on the forearm so the grip points in the opposite direction so he can grab it overhand instead of under handed.

evil_genius_180
6th Dec 2006, 04:36
Awesome start so far. :thumb:

Ramiel
6th Dec 2006, 05:04
Hey Tovette, can you PM the name of your company? (if you want/can, of course)
I'm curious:D
Nice start BTW;)

Infinity238
6th Dec 2006, 06:47
I think were all a little interested now on you work place, Seriously nice soldier too.

mental|plate
6th Dec 2006, 08:24
The name of Nates company is .. TUP.. *got smashed by tovette from behind*

Top work as always....eager to se MOREEEE!

Freak
6th Dec 2006, 13:21
Man this looks so Cool, I take it will be a take on the Christmas football game (Soccer, to our cousins over the pond.) form WW1.

DarthMaya
9th Dec 2006, 06:16
Amazing drawings, I love emm. I am very excited to see how this turns out.

Tovette
13th Dec 2006, 19:30
I did some more tweaks on the soldier outfit. I think I'm close to starting a color palette for it.

Larsen
13th Dec 2006, 19:50
Sweet mate... just sweet, Keep it up:thumb:

jay-mo
14th Dec 2006, 05:45
These are some sweet designs. You should reaaly try modelling them some time. I think the hardest part is just coming up with something cool.

evil_genius_180
14th Dec 2006, 08:45
^^ What they said. :thumb:

Freak
14th Dec 2006, 10:35
nice very nice!

scotty73
21st Dec 2006, 20:18
Nice...
look forward to some colour on that, your line work is excellent dude, really cool stuff.

Tovette
21st Dec 2006, 20:57
thanks everybody. I am in serious doubt whether this will be completed. I'm too busy and my computer at home has just been formatted and I haven't installed a lot of my apps back on yet (this will be an ordeal) so I don't know if this will see an end. I may move it to a normal WIP but as for this challenge i don't think it'll happen.