PDA

View Full Version : Challenge #6 gonk droid - The Chair

gonk droid
15th Jun 2007, 14:04
thinking of doing a mix between organic and hard surface for this. maybe some kind of brain chair? need to dust off my zbrush.

good luck all.

gpdesigner
15th Jun 2007, 15:06
OOooooh I like that, That was sort of the materials I needed for my last project, half organic half solid . . .
good luck with that, love to see a sketch . . * rubs hands, plans to steal*
gp

gonk droid
15th Jun 2007, 15:46
so the brain looks like a raspberry but you get the gist.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t31/gnkdroid/brainchair_concept.jpg

i'm going to add a metal support brace and a few wires at the base of the brain that travel down the cord too.

spudmonkey
15th Jun 2007, 16:21
It's definitely an interesting idea

Zabiegly
15th Jun 2007, 16:23
Very interesting indeed! Is the person sitting in that chair plugged into the system in some way? Like having to wear a cap that connects his brain to the chairs brain? That would definitely fit well with the concept.

Lookin forward to really cool wobbly slimey seethrough brain shaders.

gonk droid
15th Jun 2007, 16:29
was thinking of matrix style hookups/ports for the chair. maybe one large one for the brain and a few smaller ones down the spine.

gpdesigner
15th Jun 2007, 18:54
gonk droid . . . dude . . you get to make "meat" :lol:
not everyday one gets to make meat.
gp

gonk droid
15th Jun 2007, 20:53
base mesh and scale/position check.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t31/gnkdroid/chair01.jpg

think i need to scale the cord down.

Melak
15th Jun 2007, 21:10
This is gonna be nasty :)

tobian
16th Jun 2007, 11:56
it's not good to have your feet dangling, in terms of ergonomics :D that guy doesn't look comfortable, like someone's put too many pillows behind him :D

But otherwise if you can pull this one off it's going to be seriously cool!

BEMEUP
16th Jun 2007, 13:11
Almost afraid to look when you're done, I have a phobia about sitting on large organic pods :p j/k. Looks quite interesting... I suppose you could have some round polyps hold the feet up and control whatever.

Ozylot
16th Jun 2007, 13:13
So what happens if the chair gets ....um hungry? :D

Great stuff bro!

tobian
16th Jun 2007, 13:22
it won't need to eat your brains... it has plenty :D

Zabiegly
16th Jun 2007, 13:30
I don't mind the guys legs dangling down. It might not be comfortable to actually sit in it but then sitting in a brain doesn't strike me as a very comfortable situation anyway :D

Dimitriy
16th Jun 2007, 17:19
I want to see looooooooooooaaaaaaaats of blood vessels running all over the place...and some hairish things growing in random places...And you know what...remember the infested terran in StarCraft? On the animated icon, those guys had smth like organic breathing tube attached to their faces...that would be freaky...

JeffrySG
16th Jun 2007, 23:13
it's not good to have your feet dangling, in terms of ergonomics :D that guy doesn't look comfortable, like someone's put too many pillows behind him :D

But otherwise if you can pull this one off it's going to be seriously cool!

I don't mind the guys legs dangling down. It might not be comfortable to actually sit in it but then sitting in a brain doesn't strike me as a very comfortable situation anyway :D

You could have really large nurons that come down to help support the legs after the person is sitting in it!

very cool idea, and I'm looking forward to seeing you start the ZB work on it!

gonk droid
17th Jun 2007, 07:16
i feel a concept switch coming on. not sure if it's better to tough it out and see what happens or start fresh while i've still got a good chunk of time.

so far it's one of those models that's fighting me every step.

the second concept i came up with is looking more and more appealing right now. it's along the lines of a permanent command chair. once you're seated you never get up. giving up your humanity for the power the chair gives.

got to think.

Zabiegly
17th Jun 2007, 11:38
Sounds like a nice idea as well. Any sketches yet?

Would be quite sad to see the brain-chair go, but if it's too hard to do in the two weeks you got it might be a good idea to change you concept to something that can be done.

tobian
18th Jun 2007, 00:50
Hmm sort of like the saxophone playing alien in the beginning of alien :D Or maybe the type of throne the emperor of the humans sits on in Warhammer 40K - that could be a seriously cool concept.. basically a chair, with the remnants of something living in it, supported by thousands of pipes coming in and out and of course controlling everything :D

This concept also reminds me a little of the chair in Gomtu, from Tin-man - TNG, an organic semi-sentient lifeform ship, controlled symbiotically by it's crew in an organic chair!

Zabiegly
29th Jun 2007, 09:16
This is to remind you that the Challenge closes tonight (29th June) at midnight CDT (GMT -6).

Please submit your final entry at the Submission Thread (http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/challenge-wips/28941-submission-thread.html). If you already did you are free to ignore this message. ;)