Page 441 of 443 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443 LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 4428

Thread: Star Wars projects thread

SFM Guru
    Nice!! Though some minor corrections if I may: The red livery looks a little too bright / saturated here, and would (IMO) benefit from being toned down a little.

Second, I believe the upper engine bulges are supposed to be painted red, also - there's an image on Wookieepedia showing the dorsal surface.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

damn that looks awesome

OK, it's time. After 14 years, it's time to redo this mesh. I realized as I was preparing 4k renders that my old ISD model was not really current anymore. I've been itching to do it again since Rogue One's star destroyer came out, and now it's time! This is going to be a long process, but at the end, it's going to be the best star destroyer model made, end of story. The plan is to average references from several sources, so it won't be an exact greeble duplicate of Avenger, but recognizably the same class. It will also eventually serve as the base template for other designs like Tector.

I cannot *wait* to see this evolve...

“ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS, EXCEPT EUROPA.
    ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE.
    USE THEM TOGETHER. USE THEM IN PEACE.”

Holy Moses!

I can't wait to see the final result.

A little suggestion.
    How about real windows with some interior behind them?
    Then it would be the ultimate Stardestroyer model ever.
    "Ars gratia artis"

SFM Nugget
    Lazy? I do not think that word means what you think it means.
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Haha. Looks brilliant so far.

One thing I'd say - the panels on the top of the bridge - very hard to describe, but they the top-most geometry. They look very fragile at the moment. Could they be thickened a little?

No idea how canon this illustration is, but to my eye, they look a little more robust in this image -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ITW_Executor_tower.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	268.3 KB 
ID:	114889

Quote Originally Posted by Comco View Post

One thing I'd say - the panels on the top of the bridge - very hard to describe, but they the top-most geometry. They look very fragile at the moment. Could they be thickened a little?

No idea how canon this illustration is, but to my eye, they look a little more robust in this image -

That one there is the Executor bridge, I don't know if it's quite to the same scale as an ISD

Quote Originally Posted by Comco View Post

It's a little thicker on the Avenger, but very thin on the Executor bridge detail model. So I split the difference. Averaging references to get the best result, remember?