Page 438 of 439 FirstFirst ... 338388428434435436437438439 LastLast
Results 4,371 to 4,380 of 4384

Thread: Star Wars projects thread

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fractal, any thoughts as to the Supremacy, the 'Mega' class Star Destroyer, now that its been revealed as part of database app you get if you buy one of the BB-9E toys just released?

Personal Opinion:
    Well, at least it looks slightly better then the dreadnought. Slightly. Better.
    Slightly.

-=-=- Back to being on-topic -=-=-

You ever consider making an Imperial capital ship where the orientation of the thrusters was done vertically, rather than horizontally?
    Since Jul '06? HAH! I was here, lurking, on the site back in 1999!

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system. rpg.net

"This game doesn't look much of a challenge to me, or maybe I've been playing too much Megaman 9 lately."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Barricade View Post
    Fractal, any thoughts as to the Supremacy, the 'Mega' class Star Destroyer, now that its been revealed as part of database app you get if you buy one of the BB-9E toys just released?

Personal Opinion:
    Well, at least it looks slightly better then the dreadnought. Slightly. Better.
    Slightly.

-=-=- Back to being on-topic -=-=-

You ever consider making an Imperial capital ship where the orientation of the thrusters was done vertically, rather than horizontally?
    the design is criminally bad. and because its so big i cant wait to see how they film it.

Unlike the dreadpizza, I have mixed feelings about the Supremacy.

I think the basic concept of mobile base makes a lot of sense. But I think if they scaled this ship and the First Order dreadnought down 10X, and made Supremacy the new dreadnought and the pizza slice a frigate/monitor, I'd be totally on board, and I might even forgive them for using a scaled XWvTF game model for Kylo's fighter, giving the new Royal Guards Super Mario mushroom helmets, and that stupid gorilla walker.

But, I think the class name is awful, like Megacaliber-6 awful. It's 10-year old fanfiction bad. I know this for certain because when I was 10 I thought a 1000km star destroyer shape ship that could blow up stars would be AWESOME . I think the 60km LENGTH is a bit stupid. Not because the boomerang is too big for the SW universe (Death Stars exist). It's not the absolute size that annoys me. What does: If it's 60km long it's >4 times wider than Death Star 1, and at a structure that is far less suited to the stresses involved. Why even have warship-style engine banks? How did space ISIS build it? WHY NOT BUILD ANOTHER DEATH STAR? It's not like a moon or a moon mass object needs warship acceleration or warship shaping. A Death Star has the volume and area for base and shipyard duties, and is a paradigm-changing strategic weapon in its own right.

If the thought/design process that led to the concept is what I suspect it is (RAR BIGGER TESB BETTER TESB RAWR), then I despair for the movie and all the sequels moving forward under the current art and writing direction.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Annnnnd I guess the newest leak is that Death Star #3 is going to show up in the new movie.

Seriously? Come up with a new plot twist already....

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system. rpg.net

"This game doesn't look much of a challenge to me, or maybe I've been playing too much Megaman 9 lately."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fractalsponge View Post
    I despair for the movie and all the sequels moving forward under the current art and writing direction.
    Maybe that's why they sacked the Ep9 director. Perhaps their "different visions" was him pointing out all the stupid stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DCB View Post
    Maybe that's why they sacked the Ep9 director. Perhaps their "different visions" was him pointing out all the stupid stuff.
    That or he's an actual longtime fan (probably), and saw the writing on the wall that Ep8 was going to be a disaster (maybe), and wanted to get the heck out before Ep9 was forever associated with him as the director. Aka: 'Oh hell no, I am NOT taking the fall for this disaster, like what happened with Ep2 & Ep3. Let some other poor soul deal with it, I'm out/washing my hands of this!'

-=- Back to the artwork!! -=-

Fractal, if you haven't yet added anything to the reactor bulb, would you consider adding a few 'spokes' around it for added depth & detailing? It looks kinda bland at the moment.

Yes, I'm aware that with the level of detailing you normally do, that blandness doesn't last very long.

Procurator-class Star Battlecruiser - gallery up:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dude, this is one more masterpiece! Well done, I'm looking in detail at every picture. So much stuff. Special!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a fan of the new render settings