Page 440 of 443 FirstFirst ... 340390430436437438439440441442443 LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 4421

Thread: Star Wars projects thread

Lambda 4k:

The Kinky Turtle Sensei Howard Day's Avatar
    Ugh, these look so good! ..I sorta wish you'd done the same-o-fake-o cockpit for the two most recent ones. Still, they're looking great.

Travis Baldree, Travis Baldree, Travis Baldree

Harder to hide the empty cockpit on the StarWing The movie shuttles have reflective windscreens.

Latest 4k:

So, so pretty.

Interested in your thoughts on the Arquitens-class command cruiser, Ansel. I think it's far closer to the imperial design aesthetic than any of the other post-Prequels cannon ships I've seen...
    (that's setting a low bar, I know...)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lNY9pSo.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	312.6 KB 
ID:	114820

I'm ok with the Arquitens as is, but I'd manage the engine/hull transition differently if I did one.

More 4k updates:

SFM Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Comco View Post
    So, so pretty.

Interested in your thoughts on the Arquitens-class command cruiser, Ansel. I think it's far closer to the imperial design aesthetic than any of the other post-Prequels cannon ships I've seen...
    (that's setting a low bar, I know...)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lNY9pSo.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	312.6 KB 
ID:	114820
    It's pretty obviously intended by the production teams to be of Corellian design, rather than the usual Kuati stuff: The three engines evoke the Radiant VII cruiser from TPM, the rounded docking hatches at port and starboard ala the Millenium Falcon, etc...

Based on these design cues it seems the Republic outsourced the design and manufacture of a medium cruiser design to CEC, and then the early Empire absorbed the class into its Navy - possibly relegating them to lower-priority sectors once the Imperators began appearing in earnest (if that wasn't already the case).

YMMV, of course.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Since I've been updating models for 4k I realized that that the old model for this really wouldn't cut it (even at FHD), so in the same theme I took some new detail and did a 2-day kitbash again:

[Error 112: Monitor Critical Existence Failure]
    *screen spontaneously explodes from the sheer detailing*
    Since Jul '06? HAH! I was here, lurking, on the site back in 1999!

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system. rpg.net

"This game doesn't look much of a challenge to me, or maybe I've been playing too much Megaman 9 lately."