Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Grandeur Bridge v2.0

Yes, the aft area of the ship will be the observation lounge/conference room. I'll take Vektor's suggestion regarding the Ready Room and XO's office, too. As for the turbolifts... Vektor's right: I don't necessarily have to make the turbolift doors angled; I can have them facing directly forward... or aft.

As for there being too many bathrooms- I don't dispute that. I expect that the Cap'n and XO will each have a private latrine and there will be a unisex loo situated behind the viewscreen. Or maybe not. Everything is still very much in flux right now. There's all kinds of possibilities that I can play with.

Vektor: I'm gonna hold you to that assurance that I can make requests for changing some things externally. The placement of the turbolifts, specifically, is something I would like to tinker with. I'll check some things out on my end first, to see if my ideas are even feasable.
    "Poly count is king." - Me
    I'm a logophile. Look it up.

Should the XO's office be the same size as the Captain's? It seems to me like decorum would demand that it be smaller.
    Denes "CrimsonLine" House - www.crimsonlinestudios.com
    Masterpiece Optimus Prime; Hybrid Enterprise; Destroy Him, My Robots!
    There are farms, Neo - vast farms - where cartoons are not drawn, they are rendered.

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Dr-Timelord's Avatar
    I dont even think Riker got a office

Quote Originally Posted by Dr-Timelord View Post
    Being the first officer in question here... I agree that the XO's office can be smaller, and rightly so... but I do believe Riker did get one on the D schematics... also I believe he had one on Ent-E and it stands to reason, Chikote had one on Voyager.
    theCommander
    XO & Designer/Co-creator of USS Grandeur & USS Blackfoot - Commander of Geo-01 Fleet

>>> Join the Starship Grandeur Facebook group for all of the cool designs found here and much more!
    Check Out our Starship Grandeur CafePress Store - Starship Grandeur Zazzle Store - Our Props & Models Polls

Chakotays office wasn't located on Deck 1. Nice work so far.
    Live Long and Prosper, Y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr-Timelord View Post
    Yes he did, it was all nice and white and very sterile and clean, in fact he had a very special "seat" and "desk" made of the finest synthetic porcelian.

As to the comment I made earlier, I didn't expect the design itself to change, I was refering to the orientation of the "direction of faces". We assume that a bridge is facing the same direction as the front of the ship, but do we really know that it is. They use a view screen to se where they are going, not a window, so they could literally be turned 180 degrees and we'd never know it. They could be going forward while facing backwards. I only bring this up for clarity of my comments. As for what is where and what not, I'm sure the end product will be just awesome (especially considering who's involved with it), but that doesn't mean there's no room for "outside of the box" thinking. Love it so far and want to see more ASAP. Keep it coming.
    BoogerMc
    Klingon Carrier Concept (once again) / USS NAVAJRON /Halloween Costumes
    "I can be your best friend or your worst enemy, the choice is up to you" - Me

Does it have to be turbo lifts.? not 360 degree consoles

Just catching a second look at the lateset update, I like the walls of the two ready rooms as is, but I would have them connect to the turbolift shafts. I also think it would be a good idea to add a door to the XO's room that exits to the briefing room like the captain's, only because of convienience for the XO and semetry to the room. Also I'm concerned about those large gaps between the front viewscreen area and the two offices. What goes there if anything? As for the door positioning of the turbolift shafts, I had a thought about having them face each other, but hindsight says that would be a bad idea simply because of the traffic confusion it could potentially cause. To be honest, Vektor kinda made a good point that is hard to visualize at present. He siad the module is much larger than it appears, perhaps a sillouette of a person would help establish scale and give the viewer a better understanding of how much room really is there. Again these are just thoughts and observations, not meant to belittle or insult anyone and I hope no one takes them that way.
    BoogerMc

I think nothing wrong with having the conference room behind the bridge, but like a plexi glass see through wall. Kinda like in that scene from Trek: Inserecction (yeah i know i spelt it wrong)

I do have one additional thought (I know this has been answered, I just can't remember the answer at this moment) what is the ship's primary mission and shouldn't the basics of the bridge be designed around that? Just a thought.
    BoogerMc

Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast