Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Grandeur Bridge v2.0

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoogerMc View Post
    I do have one additional thought (I know this has been answered, I just can't remember the answer at this moment) what is the ship's primary mission and shouldn't the basics of the bridge be designed around that? Just a thought.
    Recon/search & rescue and sometimes disaster relief.
    theCommander
    XO & Designer/Co-creator of USS Grandeur & USS Blackfoot - Commander of Geo-01 Fleet

>>> Join the Starship Grandeur Facebook group for all of the cool designs found here and much more!
    Check Out our Starship Grandeur CafePress Store - Starship Grandeur Zazzle Store - Our Props & Models Polls

Downloads
    Uploads
    For the next day or so I am unable to do any significant 3D work. Tonight, at work, I had a small accident which resulted in some slight disfigurement to my right hand (which is, of course, my mouse hand). The backs of the first knuckles on my right-handed middle and ring fingers (which are the two fingers that I primarily use to roll my trackball mouse) were sliced open. The cuts are mostly superficial and don't require stitches, but it hurts like a 4-alarm bitch to type, use a mouse, pick things up and generally do anything that requires me to curl my fingers. So for the next few days I am, officially, out of the game.

And let me be clear: while I define the cuts as "superficial", the cuts went past the epidermis and down to the muscle tissue underneath, but didn't get as far as the bone (thank God). Every time I curl my middle finger (especially that finger!) I experience some pretty sharp agony. I hope no one is disappointed or upset about this, but I gotta do what's right for me at the moment and that pretty much means that I pay attention to this peculiar little allergy I've got: y'see, I have an allergic reaction to pain.

Sorry, folks. Gimme a few days and I'll hopefully be back on track. Now where did I put those Lortabs.....?
    "Poly count is king." - Me
    I'm a logophile. Look it up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ouch man...I hope you didn't type all that! Still, just passing by to say I'm looking forward to seeing this in a more advanced state

Downloads
    Uploads
    Time to be slave drivers.....Work through the pain man, work. Mousepad and mouse left face, time to change positions, Left hand take over!!!
    Ok, now that, that is out of my system...
    We wish you a speedy recovery, maybe this will give you some time to mentally think things through to get the best prospective on this whole thing, and of course you have a lot of people offering their suggestions on things that might help in the meantime.

Anything myself or Darren can help with let us know, thanks for a great start, will be looking forward to the next element in the bridge blueprint, when you are up to it.
    Last edited by CaptainRoop; 5th Oct 2007 at 07:42.
    the Captain
    CO of USS Grandeur - NFC-90125-A

>>> Join the Starship Grandeur Facebook group for all of the cool designs found here and much more! or Check Out our Starship Grandeur CafePress Store and our new Starship Grandeur Zazzle Store Take our polls on models and props

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NightShadow View Post
    Sorry, folks. Gimme a few days and I'll hopefully be back on track. Now where did I put those Lortabs.....?
    I told you not to play with the beef slicer! (kidding)

I wish you a speedy recovery. There is nothing more important than your health!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a thought, but in the age of holograms, who says the viewscreen has to be a solid object?

It can be both completely opaque and completely none tangible, so if you want to go to the conference room you walk through the screen.

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Dr-Timelord's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That a pretty neat idea actually

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aww... man... I'm so sorry, Jay!! I had a simmilar situation happen a little while back and couldn't use those fingers either. But I am originally left handed, so I switched. Now, I don't advise you to do that if you are not either left handed or ambidexterous... it is really frustrating and mentally taxing. I suggest that you take the week off and get your strength back and heal those fingers... cause it's going to effect more than just what you do with your mouse. Other things in life, normal life stuff, is going to be somewhat interrupted too. Which is more frustration and stress... and we want you rested and as stress-free as possible, okay. This project will be here when you are back... besides... there are other aspects of this that are in the works right now too, so... "do what you gotta do"!

Oh... we're prayin for ya, buddy!
    theCommander
    XO & Designer/Co-creator of USS Grandeur & USS Blackfoot - Commander of Geo-01 Fleet

>>> Join the Starship Grandeur Facebook group for all of the cool designs found here and much more!
    Check Out our Starship Grandeur CafePress Store - Starship Grandeur Zazzle Store - Our Props & Models Polls

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr-Timelord View Post
    That a pretty neat idea actually
    Rick Sternback actually came up with that during DS9 next to last season with the holo-comm... remember that on the Defiant? It really didn't seem to catch on much, but... it was intigrated into Ent-E, which now has a holographic viewscreen.

So.. yes it is an excellent idea!
    theCommander

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fingers are feeling somewhat better, but not 100%. The holo-screen concept is intriguing... I'll chew on it for the next day or two.
    "Poly count is king." - Me
    I'm a logophile. Look it up.

Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast