Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: USS Blackfoot: Grandeur's assault ship

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very well then! Thanks.
    theCommander
    XO & Designer/Co-creator of USS Grandeur & USS Blackfoot - Commander of Geo-01 Fleet

>>> Join the Starship Grandeur Facebook group for all of the cool designs found here and much more!
    Check Out our Starship Grandeur CafePress Store - Starship Grandeur Zazzle Store - Our Props & Models Polls

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, it's been a while and there's been work on the interior some. Jay "Nightshadow" Seals and I have been working on converting his Daystar bridge to the Blackfoot bridge. With his help and mentoring, I'll be posting inworks pics as I get the LCARS screens from Chief Kleist (Commandersozo) in the days ahead. This is not the colors I want to go with, but here's what I have so far. My plan/vision is much darker, like the design of the exterior. Enjoy!

theCommander
    XO & Designer/Co-creator of USS Grandeur & USS Blackfoot - Commander of Geo-01 Fleet

>>> Join the Starship Grandeur Facebook group for all of the cool designs found here and much more!
    Check Out our Starship Grandeur CafePress Store - Starship Grandeur Zazzle Store - Our Props & Models Polls

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, thats some of the best bridge work I have seen. Keep up the good work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweet Jumping Jesus! This is a sweet modified Defiant Bridge!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome back, I have to say the Bridge looks great so far keep up the good work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellsgate View Post
    Sweet Jumping Jesus! This is a sweet modified Defiant Bridge!
    it is not a Defiant bridge, the Blackfoot is a new ship.
    Live Long and Prosper, Y'all!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewriter View Post
    it is not a Defiant bridge, the Blackfoot is a new ship.
    Looks like a modified Defiant bridge to me. Be it a new ship or not.
    Not that it doesn't look cool. Modeling a bridge for a small ship on the Defiant's bridge make perfect sense to me.

However, the whole idea of a starship with a support ship big enough to warrant a bridge just doesn't jive with me.
    Last edited by Bmused55; 1st Dec 2009 at 06:32.
    Bmused55
    --------------------------
    View my LCARS blog:
    lcarsgfx.wordpress.com

And my Design blog:
    arpdesign.wordpress.com

Finally, you can purchase MSDs as downloadable high res files: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LCARSgfx

Downloads
    Uploads
    You mean, like the Scoutship on the Enterprise-E?
    Grandeur-A is a Heavy Tactical Cruiser and it warrents an armored, gun-slinging, 160 ft. back-up plan in my book and in many others. Thanks for the comments!
    theCommander

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by theCommander View Post
    You mean, like the Scoutship on the Enterprise-E?
    Grandeur-A is a Heavy Tactical Cruiser and it warrents an armored, gun-slinging, 160 ft. back-up plan in my book and in many others. Thanks for the comments!
    Scoutship on the Enterprise E?

Do you mean Admiral Doherty's Scoutship? The one that he arrived in independently from the Enterprise E and had absolutely nothing to do with the Enterprise E, other than it was a Starfleet vessel? You mean that one?

The biggest support ship the Enterprise E had/has is it's Captain's Yacht which has a cockpit, not a bridge as it is/was basically an overgrown shuttlecraft. (It's possible the Argo is larger though, I do not have the sizes to hand, but even so, that is still a shuttle.)

The only Starfleet ships you'll see with their own large support craft like the Blackfoot are Fanfiction designs.
    Last edited by Bmused55; 1st Dec 2009 at 13:44.
    Bmused55
    --------------------------
    View my LCARS blog:
    lcarsgfx.wordpress.com

And my Design blog:
    arpdesign.wordpress.com

Finally, you can purchase MSDs as downloadable high res files: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LCARSgfx

Downloads
    Uploads
    What was the scoutship Data hi-jacked? Sorry... do't remember. :P

None-the-less, discussing this aspect isn't really viable, being that it was decided we would have an assault fighter/gunship long before the Grandeur-A model was even started by Vektor. It's in Docking-bay Zero, it looks like this, and the posts were of a bridge design that Jay Seals was working on for his Dawnstar project, which he gave me a copy of to modify and use as the Blackfoot bridge.
    theCommander

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast