Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: USS Blackfoot: Grandeur's assault ship

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewriter View Post
    the only thing I'm not crazy about is the top nacelle. I think it looks better without it, otherwise it is great.
    Well, sorry. That stays. We'll make her look right.
    But thanks for the comment.
    theCommander
    XO & Designer/Co-creator of USS Grandeur & USS Blackfoot - Commander of Geo-01 Fleet

>>> Join the Starship Grandeur Facebook group for all of the cool designs found here and much more!
    Check Out our Starship Grandeur CafePress Store - Starship Grandeur Zazzle Store - Our Props & Models Polls

will try my question again , what tools did you use to make that awesome ship ?

Well, the third nacelle on the top might be a bit an overkill, but I like the other two. Incorporated into the rest of the ship like with the Defiant.
    See the Shadows of Darkness, Hear the Scream of Cruelty...

That's why I've became a Warrior of Heart, Defend the one you like, Guard the one you love...

Hi all, glad you like the ship so far.
    I use Rhino for my design work, which is a nurb modeller. I will convert the model to a poly mesh when shes finished.

The three interchangable modules are mission specific. The top mini-nacelle is for warp-jumping, extra speed (from warp 7 to 9), and the diversion of drive systems for other specifics due to mission status.
    theCommander
    XO & Designer/Co-creator of USS Grandeur & USS Blackfoot - Commander of Geo-01 Fleet

>>> Join the Starship Grandeur Facebook group for all of the cool designs found here and much more!
    Check Out our Starship Grandeur CafePress Store - Starship Grandeur Zazzle Store - Our Props & Models Polls

i find it no one mentioned yet, that this looks like a THORAX from EVE Online.

I'm not familiar with... a Thorax, Enterprise-E? I'll check it out though.

In the mean time, here's something I worked up for the BF TechManual... the crew patches go on grape colored leather jackets...

Last edited by theCommander; 19th Jun 2008 at 18:22.
    theCommander

SFM Nugget
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewriter View Post
    the only thing I'm not crazy about is the top nacelle. I think it looks better without it, otherwise it is great.
    I totally agree...

On the matter of this looking like the thorax, I do not agree heh.
    Image here: EVE Files: THORAX_LUCKY.JPG

Other than this, I think it looks like a kick ass ship, nice work!

Its a great looking ship, it just reminds me a little too much of the whitestar from B5

Thanks for the link... I see a very remote resemblance to the Thorax... VERY REMOTE!

Now I do see the Whitestar in there.
    theCommander

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast