Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Discovery-Class Rebuild

Discovery-Class Rebuild

I recently attended a Adobe Illustrator symposium and learned a lot. Given the breadth of knowledge I have accumulated from that and messing around in the program, i decided to go back and given the ship a brand new treatment. If some of you feel it is unnecessary to start a new thread for this given the activity of the Monarch-Class thread, I think the level of detail will explain my desire to give this its own thread. Not to mention that that thread had gotten so cluttered with refreshes and redesigns and the occasional rift over design styles that I wanted a refreshes thread to go with the refreshed design. Hope you all enjoy. If you all feel this is cluttering up the boards I will gladly delete it and move it over to a separate thread.

-Josh

Onto the first view. I hope you all can bare with me. These will take some time to complete. They are quite labor intensive and time consuming. Even the first view isn't 100% complete but I wanted some critique. I considered waiting to reveal the entire design but I felt inactivity would kill interest in the design and in the art community the rule of thumb is "Publish or Perish."

To Warn you. This image is Gigantic. 11,112 Pixels Wide. However, that is necessary (in my opinion) to capture the detail of the image.

Hope you all enjoy.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New_Discovery_Class_Patch_by_madeinjapan1988.png 
Views:	360 
Size:	159.3 KB 
ID:	59833  
    Last edited by madeinjapan1988; 1st Nov 2008 at 22:50.

Find out about Chronicles of Man...
    an open source science fiction universe community.

​Chronicles of Man (c) 2016

Already did the WOW ZOMG! at Deviantart, so let me say, this is an amazing level of detail.
    And are you going to keep an eye on relative dimensions this time around? I mean, if you're remaking it anyway?
    Would you PLEASE not eat my gun?!

Yup, that is the plan, I am really trying to get the images to match up correctly. That is the intention at least.

wow.
    That is sweet.
    As if you made every pixel of it alone. Breeded it, feeded it some jummy-jummy bit and then placed it.

It's nice, I'm looking forward for the other things.
    See the Shadows of Darkness, Hear the Scream of Cruelty...

That's why I've became a Warrior of Heart, Defend the one you like, Guard the one you love...

CuttingEdge100
    It kind of looks like a streamlined Sovereign-Class with some Galaxy-Class characteristics.

CuttingEdge100

Quote Originally Posted by CuttingEdge100 View Post
    It kind of looks like a streamlined Sovereign-Class with some Galaxy-Class characteristics.

CuttingEdge100
    The Discovery is the culmination of design studies into the Galaxy Class, Sovereign, and Intrepid Classes so it makes sense that it would have aspects of all 3 no?

Also. Here is the WIP of the top view.

Last edited by madeinjapan1988; 13th Sep 2008 at 07:54.

Wow, that's big!

Quote Originally Posted by Endeavour View Post
    Wow, that's big!
    "That's what she said."
    -Michael Scott

Wow sweet work.

btw, what are these boxed under the registry? Front side, red outines, central placed.
    They look like some doors to me, but judging from the blueprints of deck 2 about the PDP-phasers (Point Defence Pulse) and their place, I see that they look different.
    So what are these things?
    See the Shadows of Darkness, Hear the Scream of Cruelty...

That's why I've became a Warrior of Heart, Defend the one you like, Guard the one you love...

Hi Josh, great looking top view. There's a few spots on the front saucer where it's obvious you've flipped the image, you might want to fix those.
    Also, are you going to add warning stripes to the area just in front of the saucer mounted torpedo launchers? I mean, even cargo hatches get them, but not some of the most powerful weapons systems onboard?
    Would you PLEASE not eat my gun?!

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast