Page 4 of 134 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: USS Grandeur - Final Version

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Boh
    Maybe its the shape of the lip around it, or the lenth of the deck behind it, but I can't help but see an overbite when I look at the aft shuttlebay, at least from the angle in 036.
    I have to agree with you there, Boh. I've already shortened the fantail a bit, but I think the underbite effect will also be mitigated once the nacelle struts are reattached.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonLine
    You should have used a TallGuy for scale comparison. It's all the rage these days!
    Hey, not all of us are as vertically endowed as the estimable Tallguy.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream
    I officially love the updated secondary hull. In fact, I love it so much that I want to marry it and make little matter-antimatter addicated babies with it...
    What is it with all these people wanting to mate with my ship lately? It's starting to creep me out...

Quote Originally Posted by theCommander
    Yeah, well... we got a memo from the little blue guy here at the USS Grandeur-A Project Main Office.

It appears he wants to renegotiate his "standing around" contract. He feels it is degrading to his other poses. He said that he would like to be in shots like picnic scenes, walking hand-in-hand scenes, and even parking scenes, where he is able to pose better. Oh, and with a little blue babe too... he did add that.
    Hey, we already caved in to his demands about not having to stand in front of the aux deflector anymore. Personally, I think the whole sub-molecular agitation and festering skin lesion thing was completely overblown, but I was overruled by management.

Very Nice, I've loved this ship since I saw that thread you made long ago before the Crash happened.

Although saying Final Version seems a bit like Sean Connery saying he will never play James Bond again and then doing it...Maybe in a few years you will do another one. You never know.

Excellent work though. Even if this were a final one, it would do it justice. Actually there would Justice left over.
    Ba'al: You dare mock me?
    Jack O'Neill: Ba'al, come on. You should know. Of course, I dare mock you.

I still say you could use the shapes of the sever mode to make a pretty hot ship, but I love the over all sleek design too. mych nicer than that ugly Soverign class battleship.

Are you planning on keeping the photon launchers in the front of the saucer section?

Quote Originally Posted by Ainur
    Although saying Final Version seems a bit like Sean Connery saying he will never play James Bond again and then doing it...Maybe in a few years you will do another one. You never know.
    Nope, this is it. I'm still hoping to make my June 19th deadline, but either way this is the last version of the ship I intend to build.

Quote Originally Posted by Icon1
    Are you planning on keeping the photon launchers in the front of the saucer section?
    They're pulse cannons actually, and yes I intend to keep them.

Here's the shorter fantail. I've also added the groove around the rim of the secondary hull.

Does anybody know where I could get my hands on a 3d mesh for a Type 11 shuttlecraft? I found one in .MOD format that was created for the game Starfleet Command, but there are no import plugins that will work for any version of Max newer than 3 or 4.