Page 118 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1741

Thread: Star Trek: Specter of the Past

SFM Obsessed
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright guys, here's where we are and where we go from here: I'm making some minor modifications to the holodeck set (I've decided that we're going to see Reyf insert the isolinear chip and give the computer his command codes before he activates the program, which requires the cover to be off the panel in the arch--problem is my arch was neither designed to be seen up close nor was it meant to show its internal circuitry, so I'm rebuilding one side of it to work for closer-up shots).

As for the set representing the holosimulation, this is going to be tricky no matter how I approach it, and I'm still not quite sure what to do about it. Every single shot of the holosimulated set is going to require a 16-frame animation, and I'm planning to do the same thing as I did with Garr's office, which is to do a series of shots from Reyf's perspective as he looks around. What I may wind up doing is the same as I did before, creating "test shots" at Bryce's most basic render settings, and then filling those in with fully rendered shots as they become available. This may well mean that the scene that goes up onto YouTube will be composed of fully rendered still-camera shots and (by comparison) crappy-looking test renders. Offhand though, given the render time this particular set requires, I don't see any other way to do it.

So, as before, just be patient and stay tuned, and I'll have something for your viewing pleasure as soon as I possibly can
    Stay current with the latest releases for "Star Trek: Retribution," at http://www.youtube.com/tnpir4002

This fan film is brought to you by TVTropes.com: analyzing film and TV, one trope at a time.

SFM Article Writer homerpalooza67's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tnpir4002 View Post
    Alright guys, here's where we are and where we go from here: I'm making some minor modifications to the holodeck set (I've decided that we're going to see Reyf insert the isolinear chip and give the computer his command codes before he activates the program, which requires the cover to be off the panel in the arch--problem is my arch was neither designed to be seen up close nor was it meant to show its internal circuitry, so I'm rebuilding one side of it to work for closer-up shots).

As for the set representing the holosimulation, this is going to be tricky no matter how I approach it, and I'm still not quite sure what to do about it. Every single shot of the holosimulated set is going to require a 16-frame animation, and I'm planning to do the same thing as I did with Garr's office, which is to do a series of shots from Reyf's perspective as he looks around. What I may wind up doing is the same as I did before, creating "test shots" at Bryce's most basic render settings, and then filling those in with fully rendered shots as they become available. This may well mean that the scene that goes up onto YouTube will be composed of fully rendered still-camera shots and (by comparison) crappy-looking test renders. Offhand though, given the render time this particular set requires, I don't see any other way to do it.

So, as before, just be patient and stay tuned, and I'll have something for your viewing pleasure as soon as I possibly can
    What, specifically requires the animation; maybe you can fake something with After Effects (or whatever you use)? And for doing walk-throughs of tricky animation; render some 3x stills of the "filmed" portion of the set, and just pan the camera along the pre-rendered path. Or something like that. (i have no idea what im talking about, but i know what im trying to say!)
    "Homer, you father was the captain of a starship for 12 minutes. We lost 800 lives and the ship was destroyed by collision. I dare you to do better."-killakanz

'You get home from work, the wife asks, What did you do today?

You respond, I pancaked Qs butt. '

SFM Obsessed
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @homer: believe me when I say that Adobe AfterEffects is not an option given what I've got planned I get what you're saying about the larger still image, I actually faked the Voyager bridge that way a few years back in some early tests, but it just doesn't work for what I've got in mind.

Patience you must have
    Stay current with the latest releases for "Star Trek: Retribution," at http://www.youtube.com/tnpir4002

This fan film is brought to you by TVTropes.com: analyzing film and TV, one trope at a time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    hmmm.....you could break into ILM's Render Farm....lol....

what i was saying; you might be able to get away with doing some of the hardcore stuff, like computer animations etc as a seperate process combined in post, or alternatively you could do some of the weird stuff in post instead of "in-camera". or you risk suffering Beaker's fate
    "Homer, you father was the captain of a starship for 12 minutes. We lost 800 lives and the ship was destroyed by collision. I dare you to do better."-killakanz

Downloads
    Uploads
    tnpir: After effects is a lot more versatile then you give it credit for, try playing aruond with it's 3D camera and you may be able to pull it off.
    Current WIPS: None.

SFM Obsessed
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @Nadesico: sorry but no. AE simply isn't sufficient for what I'm doing.

In other news, by popular demand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eJDWS69kIw

A quick (and I do mean quick, it's barely 22 seconds long) teaser, but it gives you a hint of what's coming. I've done some test renders and I can tell you that this is going to be a powerful scene when you combine the visuals I've got planned with the music track ("My Right Arm" from Nemesis).

For those who haven't read the spoilers I've put up, can you guess what he's seeing?

Downloads
    Uploads
    i would have to say, hes looking at the bridge of Spaceball One. I guess Dark Helmet isnt too happy

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Dr-Timelord's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not spaceball one

MEGA MAID!!

SFM Obsessed
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Both of you have gone to plaid
    Last edited by tnpir4002; 26th Jun 2010 at 21:13.

SFM Obsessed
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BTW, I've been getting requests from offsite for a longer tease of Scene 38, but the way the scene progresses the very next shot would give it away. I'll leave it up to my loyal SFM crowd, you want to see it now or wait for the complete scene?