Page 119 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1741

Thread: Star Trek: Specter of the Past

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Dr-Timelord's Avatar
    lets wait for the complete scene

SFM Article Writer homerpalooza67's Avatar
    you always ask the hardest questions....save it tho. It will be worth it!
    "Homer, you father was the captain of a starship for 12 minutes. We lost 800 lives and the ship was destroyed by collision. I dare you to do better."-killakanz

'You get home from work, the wife asks, “What did you do today?”

You respond, “I pancaked Q’s butt.” '

Wait. I like surprises.

SFM Obsessed
    Alright guys, here's what I'm going to do.

Scene 38A (there's a 38B that will follow) is technically complete, but it's not perfect: as I mentioned, the holographic set you'll see is one of the most elaborate I've ever built, and renders on it are taking some time. With that in mind, I'm continuing to perform full renders in the background, but since I predict it will take several weeks before I have them all done, I'm going to post the scene with some rough animatics in place of full renders. So on some of these shots, you'll have to use your imagination to fill in the blanks (don't worry, there's some still shots that will help fill in the blanks). I know there are some things that need polishing (the camera motion isn't as smooth in a few places as I'd like it to be, for one), but a "fixed" version of this is coming which will have all the rough edges polished.

I predict there will be exactly two reactions to this scene: folks will either say "hooray for daring to push the boundaries," or will question my sanity. (Either way is good because Braiyon Garr is insane!)

I'm compiling the full scene now, it should be up on YouTube shortly.
    Stay current with the latest releases for "Star Trek: Retribution," at http://www.youtube.com/tnpir4002

This fan film is brought to you by TVTropes.com: analyzing film and TV, one trope at a time.

SFM Obsessed
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwG3C1PM6iU

This is the link but the upload's going to take about 20 minutes from the timestamp of this post. So...be patient This is the "aha" scene for the entire third act of the movie, so I'm understandably eager to hear your reactions! Just please please please, for the 24 hours following this post, if you want to comment on the exact contents of the holoprogram, please do so with discretion in deference to those who might not have seen it yet.

Otherwise, enjoy!
    Stay current with the latest releases for "Star Trek: Retribution," at http://www.youtube.com/tnpir4002

This fan film is brought to you by TVTropes.com: analyzing film and TV, one trope at a time.

You are seriously insane. Now i have to go watch it, as soon as the video finishes uploading
    "Homer, you father was the captain of a starship for 12 minutes. We lost 800 lives and the ship was destroyed by collision. I dare you to do better."-killakanz

SFM Obsessed
    Upload is finished and the video is at least partially processed! It should be at least partially watchable.

Quote Originally Posted by tnpir4002 View Post
    Upload is finished and the video is at least partially processed! It should be at least partially watchable.
    ok...interesting. Now i know what Reyf knows. Although i have the benefit of several years and 120 pages of discussions to help me leap to this conclusion

SFM Obsessed
    @homer: quite true

@hazend: this will most definitely be a surprise!

Last edited by tnpir4002; 28th Jun 2010 at 05:15.

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Dr-Timelord's Avatar
    uhh Captain Rayf.. come on down