Page 123 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1741

Thread: Star Trek: Specter of the Past

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just watched this in the entirety (of what's available) and I LOVED IT!
    Reminds me of the way the BBC shot Doctor Who, the WHOLE cinematics thing, but done with ST:TNG and just a bit into the future.

I can't wait for more-- and I would love to do a voice for it. Can you drop to me a list of current people and the characters they're playing in a complete cast list? This would allow me to choose a character that does not currently have a voice. Or a script that you're using. That could be helpful, too.

Brandon! You've done an excellent job with this-- yes, some bits are a tad wonky or glitchy-- but that's the nature of the capture and the rendering software, but that's to be expected! You are a genius! Keep it up... This "movie" could become a HUGE internet series with "seasons"! I'd watch this!

Would you be interested in doing a series not set in Star Trek? I have an RPG I've written that could work-- I just need to work out the script... LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ditto. She's 250% definately going to be featured at my fan fic anthology once she's completed to the author's satisfaction, including any/all prequels, seasons and sequels. Any other comparable CG "Trek" series (set before/during ENT To Post-Nem/STO) will be asked to join as well, via youtube.
    Last edited by Hellsgate; 7th Jul 2010 at 05:00.

SFM Obsessed
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @Capt. Kryllyn Kell: I'm suffering from what you might call "production fatigue" from the effort of Specter, at this time I'm not even willing to entertain the notion of doing anything else like this Once this project is completely done and I can have a few months off, maybe we'll talk. But that's the future In the present, I'm getting back on the road with Scene 39B. I got distracted for a few days keeping up with the e-mail traffic of volunteers wanting to take part in Specter (and there are QUITE a few!), but tonight I got back on the road.

I've rewritten it a few times, and I think Scene 39B is going to be one of the best scenes in the movie. It ends with a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming that should neatly tie together 90% of what we've seen so far. I'll spoil this much: the scene ends with Reyf repeating something he said at the very beginning of the movie.

Well...maybe I'll spoil a little more:

Last edited by tnpir4002; 9th Jul 2010 at 11:28.
    Stay current with the latest releases for "Star Trek: Retribution," at http://www.youtube.com/tnpir4002

This fan film is brought to you by TVTropes.com: analyzing film and TV, one trope at a time.

SFM Obsessed
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright campers, time to separate the viewers from the fans Later tonight I'm going to start uploading a new series of 10-minute blocks onto YouTube, which represent the most current cut of Specter. I have a challenge for anyone who considers themselves fans of this project:

When I presented a DVD of "the road so far" to a coworker and asked them to review it, only to tell them at a TRT of two hours five minutes it still had no ending, I got a shocked look, followed by (and I'm not making this up) his quoting the statistic that the only movie that was that long was The Motion(less) Picture. I pointed out that that movie was notoriously slow in pace and long on visual effects sequences and montages (which my movie doesn't have), but I've decided I don't want to take chances. So, with an eye towards getting the run time down, I want the fans to scrub the movie and see what you think it could live without. Consider the arrangement presented in the 10-minute blocks to be my "Director's Cut," with anything you see fodder for deletion. (The only exception to that rule is "V'Ger Flyover," the discovery of the ISS Voyager). I'm really and truly considering axing several scenes which are nothing but dry technobabble (the majority of Scene 30A immediately comes to mind, and strangely enough so does Scene 20A, "Conscience of the Captain" and Scene25A: "Clues").

I'm throwing open the floor, but a few ground rules:
    1. The Holodeck, V'Ger Flyover, and Deep Space 12 are off-limits. Also highly discouraged (but not off-limits) is ISS Voyager.
    2. Please do justify your choice when you make it.

And that's it! Look for those blocks to start appearing within the next two hours.
    Last edited by tnpir4002; 10th Jul 2010 at 18:55.
    Stay current with the latest releases for "Star Trek: Retribution," at http://www.youtube.com/tnpir4002

This fan film is brought to you by TVTropes.com: analyzing film and TV, one trope at a time.

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Dr-Timelord's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So you want us the fans to suggest where to make cuts in the film, or do we get to suggest audio and visual and cgi as well?

SFM Obsessed
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Define "audio and visual and CGI as well." Are you asking if I'm also looking for suggestions for replacement material...?
    Last edited by tnpir4002; 9th Jul 2010 at 20:25.

SFM Article Writer homerpalooza67's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the first thing i would suggest (and ive suggested it before) it could save about 10 minutes overall.
    Do NOT use exterior views of the ship for Scene Transitions!! Yes, an occiasional shot of the fitzgerald or ISS voyager when called for is great, but not Every Scene - you want this to be more of a movie.

secondly, add a Big Cliffhanger roughly in the middle - say when they blow up the star sytem - and make it into a 2-parter.
    "Homer, you father was the captain of a starship for 12 minutes. We lost 800 lives and the ship was destroyed by collision. I dare you to do better."-killakanz

'You get home from work, the wife asks, What did you do today?

You respond, I pancaked Qs butt. '

SFM Obsessed
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @homer: sorry but modifying the scene transitions to exclude the exterior shots simply isn't practical in most cases, so that option is off the table. Restructuring the story into two halves doesn't appeal to me either (it's a lot harder to do than you'd think--for one thing the scene you reference is 90 minutes in, not anywhere close to the halfway mark). I'd rather drop a few minutes of unnecessary dialogue to trim overall runtime than have to start worrying about keeping two halves in balance.

Now are you looking for full scene cuts, or just small snippets that could make the scene still work but shorten it a bit?

SFM Obsessed
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hazend View Post
    Now are you looking for full scene cuts, or just small snippets that could make the scene still work but shorten it a bit?
    Both!