Page 126 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1741

Thread: Star Trek: Specter of the Past

SFM Obsessed
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright guys, here's where we are.

The next scene takes place in Science Lab 4 aboard the Fitzgerald. I've worked very hard on the set itself but I'm feeling a little ambivalent about the design (for reasons that will become obvious as soon as you see the scene--when it's done, that is). Also, now that the set is finished, this scene is likely to take a while to produce since it features the female android in a prominent (and, for the first time, speaking) role. The main reason we haven't seen more of her since Scene 19A is that she takes a while to render. So, just be patient while I work on Scene 41.

Just a headsup, at the end of Scene 41, Reyf will receive a call from the bridge announcing that the ship has arrived at Sector 585. He returns to the bridge, and there's some procedural stuff about locating the ISS Voyager before he orders an intercept course.

Then we have another scene that'll require a stopdown, "The Extraction Process," in which we actually see Garr going about the risky task of extracting the verteron particle energy from the black hole. Longtime fans will recognize this element from the very first draft of the movie, and it's one that I've been saving some particularly neat stuff for. This is the third and final "20th century song montage" sequence of the film. The reason this one is going to require another stopdown is because I have to build a Voyager cargo bay (fairly straightforward), and then design and construct the prop for Garr's anti-time machine.

This is the part where you guys come in. The anti-time device is described in the script thusly: "A towering colossus of glass and metal tubes, energy coils and transmission dishes that looks as though it could be a reactor, a field generator, or a weapon--or perhaps all three. The device has a half-finished industrial look to it, as though its builder was focused more on function than on form."

But so far, I've been unable to come up with a design I like. Now you know everything that this machine is meant to do: capture and store exotic particle energy, to be combined with verteron particle energy to generate a massive (but contained) anti-time eruption, energy which will be released only at the right time. It has to look futuristic and exotic, even by Star Trek standards.

I'm throwing the floor open for ideas, anyone who can lend an idea or a hand to this part of the effort will get their own callout during the closing credits!
    Stay current with the latest releases for "Star Trek: Retribution," at http://www.youtube.com/tnpir4002

This fan film is brought to you by TVTropes.com: analyzing film and TV, one trope at a time.

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Dr-Timelord's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When i was reading about the description of your device, for some reason the inside of the TARDIS popped into my head

the 9/10th Doctor TARDIS is just a big green core that looks unfinished.

and some random images of futuristic stuff

SFM Obsessed
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright guys, here's where we are.

I got the VO's done for Scene 41 last night, but I've made a discovery on Foundation3D that's going to have a very visible impact on Specter. All I'm going to say at this point is to pay very careful attention to the Fitzgerald the next time the exterior is shown.
    Stay current with the latest releases for "Star Trek: Retribution," at http://www.youtube.com/tnpir4002

This fan film is brought to you by TVTropes.com: analyzing film and TV, one trope at a time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tnpir4002 View Post
    ... but I've made a discovery on Foundation3D that's going to have a very visible impact on Specter. ...
    You found Prologic9's old Enterprise model (the one he released to the public to be finished by someone else because he decided rather than to correct the things he wasn't satisfied with to start anew)?
    Last edited by lennier1; 21st Jul 2010 at 13:59.
    Somebody blow something up, I'm in a really bad mood. Thanks in advance.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guerrilla: so, in a chatroom with 1 norwegian, 1 finn and 2 germans you figured american football would be a good topic because...

SFM Obsessed
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lennier1 View Post
    You found Prologic9's old Enterprise model (the one he released to the public to be finished by someone else because he decided rather than to correct the things he wasn't satisfied with to start anew)?
    Wrong.

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    she's going to be seen flying through bikini bottom?

SFM Obsessed
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @batboy853: sorry, but...no (Took me a few minutes to even realize you were talking about Sponebob Queerpants there)

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Dr-Timelord's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You found the extreme lens flare button?

SFM Obsessed
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @Dr-Timelord: no.

SFM Article Writer homerpalooza67's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you found some nice space-background meshes?
    "Homer, you father was the captain of a starship for 12 minutes. We lost 800 lives and the ship was destroyed by collision. I dare you to do better."-killakanz

'You get home from work, the wife asks, What did you do today?

You respond, I pancaked Qs butt. '