Page 172 of 175 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1741

Thread: Star Trek: Specter of the Past

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to be frank about this, I truely believe that not providing proper voice overs is a mistake. Sure it's time consuming and you run into problems where people drop out of the production, but not provided them and just using your voice for all characters is going to detract from the reception of this much more then the delays required in getting a voice over team together. I'd also like to point out that if you're unable to deal with the constant troubles of people dropping out/having scheduling issues with Specter, you may want to seriously consider how you want to play out Retribution before you start work on the film production because you will easily have the same problems as you did with Specter when it comes to getting voice overs done.
    Current WIPS: None.

SFM Obsessed
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The mistake I made with Specter was letting myself get talked into pursuing a voice cast before I was ready. People committed but were then told to wait, in some cases for months, before I was ready to move forward. By the time I was ready to actually proceed, some people had simply dropped out. It's frustrating, and from my perspective, I've gotten as far with Specter as I ever planned to--anything else is just a bonus.

If I wasn't so eager to get started on Retribution, I might be willing to invest a little more time and effort into Specter, but as it is, making Specter taught me a lot and I'm very eager to put that to use with Retribution.

I may still at some future time go back and add in the VO's that I already have. We will see.
    Stay current with the latest releases for "Star Trek: Retribution," at http://www.youtube.com/tnpir4002

This fan film is brought to you by TVTropes.com: analyzing film and TV, one trope at a time.

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Dr-Timelord's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can see how you would be frustrated by all of this etc. Ppl ready to do voice overs and you're not, and then vice versa

But at least this time around, you're going to enjoy the experience, So finishing the entire Retribution story before you start animating? :P

But the only think i would suggest when it comes time to recording for your next project. If you are going to just use your own voice again Experiment ALOT with audacity and their pitch and tones to give everyone a unique ish voice

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tnpir4002 View Post
    Yes!

The remastering process on Specter is officially complete, as of 16 hours ago. That's the good news; the bad news is that I've decided not to press forward with voiceovers, and so Star Trek Specter: The Ultimate Edition will be the Very Definitely Final release. I've made some changes to earlier segments, so I've pulled everything down off Vimeo and I'm going to re-upload everything. The first segment is uploading right now, the remainder to follow over the next three weeks.

Probably now is too late. But I would suggest some kind of "Voice morph software". With this you can transform your voice in female, younger, older, monster or computer voice. I buy "AV VOICE CHANGER SOFTWARE DIAMOND" ( http://www.audio4fun.com/voice-over.htm ) to use in a 3D project I'm working. I still don't have the opportunity to try it, but in my google search all point to them, there is many others options too.
    Last edited by jbs; 10th Jan 2011 at 14:08.

SFM Article Writer homerpalooza67's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tnpir4002 View Post
    The mistake I made with Specter was letting myself get talked into pursuing a voice cast before I was ready. People committed but were then told to wait, in some cases for months, before I was ready to move forward. By the time I was ready to actually proceed, some people had simply dropped out. It's frustrating, and from my perspective, I've gotten as far with Specter as I ever planned to--anything else is just a bonus.

If I wasn't so eager to get started on Retribution, I might be willing to invest a little more time and effort into Specter, but as it is, making Specter taught me a lot and I'm very eager to put that to use with Retribution.

I may still at some future time go back and add in the VO's that I already have. We will see.
    I understand you, mate. But it think in order for it to be really polished as a story, it needs various voices. Its great, its 90% done IMO, but that last 10% can mean the difference in your career. But i'm definitely excited to see what else you're gonna come up with.
    "Homer, you father was the captain of a starship for 12 minutes. We lost 800 lives and the ship was destroyed by collision. I dare you to do better."-killakanz

'You get home from work, the wife asks, What did you do today?

You respond, I pancaked Qs butt. '

Downloads
    Uploads
    While i think everyone here respects it as your decision tnpir, - because at the end of the day, its you who has to do the work - i really hope you listen to the consensus and general reasons behind why these folks above me are trying to encourage you to do the voiceovers.

From my viewpoint, when i watch your movie, i think its great to the time and effort and SKILL you've used to put it together.

But every time i watch it i still have the neon light at the back of my mind that occurs when i see any unfinished piece of work, and that neon light is flashing "WIP". Because thats what you've billed it as until now.

But if you finish it up without proper voiceovers, that neon light will *forever* flash in peoples minds when they see your movie, and i hope thats not how you wish them to see it for the rest of its life, because as homerpalooza says - when you use it later on to showcase your talent, it will make a BIG difference in professionality to the work if it has female voices acting the female parts, and every character is instantly discernable by him having his own distinct voice.

Im a sound engineer by trade, and i promise you, if you put retribution on hold or use the time to create a proper cast for spectre, not only will you be able to polish retribution's script more - but you'll 10 years down the line be glad and proud of how professional you made Spectre by going that 10% extra.

Again, im not trying and i dont believe anyone here is trying to force you to do it, but we are pleading, because some of us know that that last hurdle, that last jump in effort can be the difference between a good effort and something that stands out.
    Current Project : Magellan Final Version and the Enceladus Class
    <---Turns into the bastard child of a werewolf and jabba the hutt if you mention the Excalibur Class.

Scientific progress goes "Boink!"
    Steve's 3D Reload

SFM Obsessed
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Guys-

Movement on Retribution. Might want to keep an eye on The Wiki for the latest.
    Stay current with the latest releases for "Star Trek: Retribution," at http://www.youtube.com/tnpir4002

This fan film is brought to you by TVTropes.com: analyzing film and TV, one trope at a time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sign me up! :P

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Dr-Timelord's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dr. Braiyon Elias Garr (voiced by Brandon Bridges). Former operative of Starfleet Intelligence, now bent on revenge against Admiral Gaius Reyf and the crew of the Fitzgerald for their roles in his defeat during the events of Specter. By the time of Retribution, Garr has lost any grip on sanity he once had, and Reyf describes him as "more dangerous than ever."
    Hang on... He didnt fail though, he changed his past and now there are two version of him running around in the universe, the Much older timetravelling one, and the now alternate Universe one

I thought an interesting sub plot was going to be Old Garr against alternate reality Garr and how different the two were from each other :P

SFM Obsessed
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @Dr-Timelord: "...With the deadline rapidly approaching, Captain Bradley Prentice finds himself caught between an unstoppable Romulan foe, and a superior officer he's sure is hiding something, a dark secret that could save the Federation--or seal its doom."

And also: "there are still going to be plenty of plot twists and personal intrigue, plus interplay between our three main heroes."

Patience you must have