Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Azhanti High Lightning

Oh, no. I completely forgot about the Boat Dock Deck (Deck #84) for the rear of the AHL. I made massive engines and didn't leave any room for ships to dock back there.

The rear of the Azhanti High Lightning so far. Still experimenting on shapes and features.

All it needs is a big Imperial sunburst and it's good to go. (I hope your AHL fares better than Andrew's did. Meson Guns hurt...)

Shonner,

The back end really leaves a lot of room for creativity. There has never really been any drawings from behind to the best of my knowledge.

I have to say that I am not a fan of the panel texture though I just think that a ship this big really needs a lot more in the detail department ......glad it isn't me having to do it right now

Any way, I do love this ship and your version of it is now the best I have seen. Sorry about that Andrew
    Veni Vidi Visa
    Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
    Christopher Hitchens: “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

Quote Originally Posted by cavebear View Post
    I have to say that I am not a fan of the panel texture though I just think that a ship this big really needs a lot more in the detail department ......glad it isn't me having to do it right now
    This model will be rendered mostly at medium to long distance from the camera. That's why I've given it minimal detail. But I've been spending more time adding too much detail to the Ramparts when they are just going to be dots in the frame. So I should stop it. I have a starport to model also.

I rarely put much work into the back unless I know it's going to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by cavebear View Post
    Any way, I do love this ship and your version of it is now the best I have seen. Sorry about that Andrew
    He'd better not do a Beowulf next...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Boulton View Post
    I rarely put much work into the back unless I know it's going to be seen.

He'd better not do a Beowulf next...
    The science lab/station or Broadsword are next.
    Last edited by Shonner; 12th Feb 2010 at 20:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Shonner View Post
    The science lab/station or Broadsword are next.
    Sweet
    Veni Vidi Visa
    Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
    Christopher Hitchens: “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

A Broadsword? The Happy Fun Ball for mercs! That would be way cool - making a sphere look like a fighting ship is not easy!

I did a physical model of the Rampart for an early (1998) Starship Modeler on-line contest; getting the curves done just right is hard!
    Starship Modeler: Starfigter Contest Entry

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Brown View Post
    I did a physical model of the Rampart for an early (1998) Starship Modeler on-line contest; getting the curves done just right is hard!
    It's hard doing it in polygons, too! That's why I ended up using NURBS to model my Rampart.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure if seeing this view of the ship from your windshield is a good or bad thing.

The fuel purification plants are still vacant holes to be filled. And the bottom hasn't been modeled yet. This is a test render of the patch paneling used as a texture.

Last edited by Shonner; 12th Feb 2010 at 21:01.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast