Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Talon's starship designs of miscellany

Talon's starship designs of miscellany

With this thread I guess I'm making a statement of intent. Have been recently updating my on-line portfolio:

www.haroldwithers.co.uk

Which was in need of a much overdue update. I hadn't updated it for over 4 years which is just criminal. My copy of Dreamweaver went the way of the Dodo which kinda scuppered any efforts to update it, but getting a new copy recently gave me the chance to do a bit of a clear out and spruce up, and now she's ready to set sail on the interwebs again with stacks of brand new content.

While going through the samples during the updating process I realised there were a raft of ship designs, be those concept designs developed for a game which didn't get used, or underdeveloped personal projects. For example, prior to working on First Strike I was developing my own rich sci-fi universe which I fully intend to get back to at some point. So there are designs for vehicles and characters from that in the mix, also potential designs for craft intended for use in First Strike, but have not yet been (or are not likely to be) developed. Some may be in sketch form, others basically blocked out in 3d.

My intent is to post a few of these designs here for feedback, and for the designs that people like I might actually get off my arse and take them to the next level and fully complete them. Or alternatively if anyone else fancies building them if they like the look of a design they can feel free to do so.

So with First Strike still currently first and foremost on my dancecard this probably won't get updated or go that much further just yet, but seeing feedback on some of these designs might give me the impetus to get cracking on a few of these old birds.

So below are a few of the designs I'm talking about. As ever feedback is more than welcome.

These first designs are unused concepts from Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shuttle02.jpg 
Views:	1350 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	99387

Name:	Shuttle.jpg 
Views:	646 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	99388

Name:	Rickshaw01.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	99389

Name:	Rickshaw02.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	99390

Name:	Super killer Ship 01.jpg 
Views:	915 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	99391

Name:	Super killer Ship 02.jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	238.3 KB 
ID:	99392
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Agrippa_Scan.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	499.7 KB 
ID:	111724  
    Last edited by TALON_UK; 25th Jul 2015 at 19:57.

This one is for a transport design that may be used in First Strike as a counter to the Imperial's Lambda or Sentinel shuttles. After all the Rebels can't be hijacking the Empire's hardware every time they need a space/air transport.

Name:	Agrippa_Spacecraft.jpg 
Views:	1919 
Size:	228.1 KB 
ID:	99403

Oh, and while I'm on the subject of the Sentinel, I wouldn't mind taking the current in game model I built for First Strike, untextured version pictured below...

Name:	Sentinel_Render_02.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	140.2 KB 
ID:	99405

...and beef it up to a more fully detailed high poly version, who knows? Might sit comfortably in the Imperial hangar I've just built.

...and here are a few designs from that sci-fi universe I mentioned earlier. The first is an Orion Starfighter, I like the body, but the wing panels are just too derivative of a TIE Interceptors, so I'd want to do something quite different with those.

Name:	OrionStarfighter.jpg 
Views:	901 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	99394

These next two pictures feature a small airspeeder like aircraft customised to allow it to make planetfall from orbit and be capable of short distance space travel. I quite like this design and reckon it could be well worth detailing up in 3d.

Name:	Comicbook_Planetfall_01.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	99395

Name:	Comicbook_Planetfall_02.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	293.6 KB 
ID:	99396

The following ship is the vessel of one of the principle characters, so I'd like to work this one up into a fully highly detailed model at some point with an intricate fully realised interior which would see plenty of action.

Name:	TalonShip01.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	99398

Name:	TalonShip04.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	99397

Finally we have a design which is obviously not of my own, but a model I built a long time ago of one of my fave designs. A Babylon 5 Earthforce Starfury. I want to revisit this model at some point, as it currently just has the seperate parts sunk into each other, and I'd like to rectify that by attaching all the parts correctly so that you have smooth joins between the engines and wings, and perhaps work on a cockpit interior too.

Name:	Starfury_Render_01.jpg 
Views:	610 
Size:	450.6 KB 
ID:	99399

Right, so there are a few of the designs and what not I intend to put some time and effort into working up at some point.

Let me know what you guys think of 'em.
    Last edited by TALON_UK; 16th Sep 2012 at 18:32.

SFM Obsessed
    All very fresh.

So far my fav is the shuttle02.jpg from your first posting. That is one I'd like to see in 3D
    Veni Vidi Visa
    Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
    Christopher Hitchens: “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by cavebear View Post
    So far my fav is the shuttle02.jpg from your first posting. That is one I'd like to see in 3D
    That's quite interesting that, as that is the closest shuttle design to the one that actually got used in the game. They went with a design I did which had a different engine configuration at the back, but the rest was essentially the same. Nice choice.

Ohh, or did you mean Shuttle 02 as it appears on my website? Which would be the first one that appears in the first post on here? If so that's also a good choice as that was my fave design which I'd have liked to have seen go into the game. There's just a bit more going on with that design.

Either way, good choice.
    Last edited by TALON_UK; 16th Sep 2012 at 11:43.

The first one

Name:	Shuttle02.jpg 
Views:	1350 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	99387
    Veni Vidi Visa
    Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
    Christopher Hitchens: “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

Wow. I'm SUPER impressed. Beautiful stuff. I like the Killer Ship in the first post and I like your Orion Star fighter as is, even though it evokes a Tie intercepter.

Nice portfolio site. I like the first three in the first post and the first one in the 2nd post a lot. The others are good, but those are my favorites.

Cheers for the kind comments guys.

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast