Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950

Thread: Pen and ink ships since I can't model

Had a lot of thoughts regarding Lorelei and all the other androids in the IS-erse, if they're manufactured or if they're just another alien species. But it inspired this little idea for a commercial.

it's not like Blade Runner 20149 with a giant Joi hologram staring down at the world, it's ore like an innocuous ad that comes on a TV. And the audio sounds like a luxury car commercial but the visual seems more like a lifestyle commercial or a drug commercial or something ("now you can exercise" etc). Definitely picturing Lorelei and the other androids being shown putting the kids in the car, preparing to go for a run, etc...

I think the audio turned out great, had to share it. Which took a bit more converting than I thought.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BlueNeumann; 17th Oct 2018 at 06:15.

Thinking about Eden's Homehsip and my desire to amp up the design, I was reminded that there's a somewhat similar ship in Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets.... and while it's different enough, and certainly doesn't have that botanical feel to it, it has that sphere and fin thing going on...

In this case, I think the sphere is the front and the fins are the back, while Eden's ship is the other way around... I think I do want to change the engine, give it pods or something that's not directly connected to the main habitat., that way there's no radiation concerns, they can eject if they're damaged, etc...

Maybe something like this then?

Come on over to my place - CGiWorlds.com

Whoa!

I think we'll keep the fins shorter and unforked like the original sketch (otherwise too many shadows blocks out the light), but holy cow this looks good! The ending pods on the back I'd like a better look at, I think you got it. And the colours are VERY interesting, very Chris Foss, which I wasn't expecting. Almost reminds me of an ant colony, very dense...

Oh! Okay, I think I know what this is! I have a species that lives in asteroids, I think I put a sketch of them here a while ago, they kinda look like Cardassians, I could see in the far future (if there were a time travel story or something) this being one of their colony ships after a century or two of peace with the liberated Eden-folk. A shared technology, rather than it just being stolen like the humans did. Eden's homeship would still be glass (since it's a giant botanical garden, lots of open air) but this looks like it could last a good long time. And you could dock ships in the forks, too!

You've got me thinking of what the future of the IS-verse would be. Hadn't really thought about it too much after "the fascist human empire is taken down, then the weird post-war period after that Sprinter takes place in). This feels like when we see the 26th Century in Star Trek. Amazing!

Okay, I went through my clipboard and cleared out... almost all of it, with some drawings from almost a year ago. This is one of them, the three Iron Star leads.

Just had a thought about the arms.. maybe they are like flower petals and they can open and close?
    Come on over to my place - CGiWorlds.com

That's an interesting idea! I was actually thinking something like that for the engines, to increase/decrease speed and all that. The arms I think are probably best to keep solid since they still hold so much jungle.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950