Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Pen and ink ships since I can't model

It is a buzz, every time, but I do hope that the collaboration and back-and-forth is a genuine liking of the concepts and designs (or at least the direction) and not a "let's take pity on the poor guy who can't render or draw" cause I'm paranoid like that.

As I did the back of the Christopher, I thought it might be able to operate in seas as well... except there's no way for it to lift off. Hence the attempt to design a propellor-rocket mix on the bottom.

I absolutely love the ringship.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNeumann View Post
    .. I do hope that the collaboration and back-and-forth is a genuine liking of the concepts and designs (or at least the direction) and not a "let's take pity on the poor guy who can't render or draw" cause I'm paranoid like that...
    I don't know about everyone else, but I aint got time to chit-chat about something if I don't genuinely like it, so buck-up pilgrim. Put away the paranoia, and get to drawing. Oh, and there is nothin' wrong with going out there and picking up Sketchup and just doodling around with it. You're sketches are better then some work I've seen on "Real" productions. Keep it up!

SFM Obsessed
    i like the round sulaco
    and also the flat shuttle

put the paranoia away. having a shot at a design requires time and love. if someone did it, take it as a compliment.
    Do you believe in Love?

< < my SHOWREEL 2010 > >

I might do a slight redesign on the ringship, make it a bit longer, de-emphasize the X-acto knives at the front (I have HD reference of the real Sulaco now, so I'm going to incorporate some elements from it into the ringship-- I do love the weaponnized look of it).

I was watching a few old Kakaida episodes and there's this awesome dinky old car in there I might adapt as the nose for the scavenger ship, somehow old European cars feel right for that, I just imagine the inside being all dingy and oily (like Red Dwarf/Starbug) with an old TV on milk crates playing episodes of Barney Miller-- I don't know why Barney Miller but Barney Miller-- while the crew skulks the galaxy for more parts or a better ride.

Palomino is tricky because I don't have a clear image in my head for it, but I do have a zig-zag unbalanced mentality for it, a sideways sandwich of ships.

I haven't sketched the Cygnus yet (can't even pronounce it) but it'll have a more sleek luxury cruise liner feel to it, the glass pods taking the crew everywhere I'm basically lifting out of the London Eye, so I think I'll be lifting a lot of elements from shiny new London.

Here's another design to tide you all over until I hook up my external hard drive and poke through my drawings, this is an amphibious Trek-esque shuttlecraft. I was actually more inspired by the floatypod thing from "The Hunger Games," the front needs some work but I wanted it to be mostly transparent so you can see everywhere underwater. I tried to give them enough room for a passenger/equipment area and an air/waterlock for SCUBA activity. The N10 would hold more people and the passenger area would resemble the one from X2: X-Men United.

I like that a lot.

OOO, Like the Sub!

The Diver was created by Max Grueter

Neat-o! You kinda made it look like a Manta Ray, which is awesome (and something I didn't expect)

Nice, and the model of the sub design with the scuba diver is cute, really like the lines on that design, especially what you have going on inside the cockpit.

Pencil and pen, that's where I started. Practically given up 3d modeling because sketching is faster.

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast