Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Incom Corporation's T-65 X-Wing Fighter

Looking good!

What would an Imperial X-wing paint scheme look like?
    Synclair Hyqs
    Engineering Department Head
    Incom Corporation

Hmm, probably similar to modern AF schemes, overall gray with minimal markings, just the imperial seal if anything. Look at the OT imperial craft were minimally marked, if it all. I think the biggest difference would be that an imperial X-wing, one procured through proper channels, and not stolen to be remanufactured at rebel facilities would look more finished then rebel X-wing. By that I mean, it would probably have a raised cockpit seat with a bubble canopy and the equipment bays in back would be faired in more, possibly enclosing the R2 unit. I always, even as a kid, saw that the X-wing had poor over the nose visibility, and figured it was because the rebels couldn't afford complicated bubble canopies so went with the big flat glass. Of course I learned later it was filming requirement, the bubble shined and reflected too much, but hey I was a kid and I knew jets, not movie making.
    The original Totally Insane AUTOCAD Modeler
    Creator of the Spiral War Universe and the unofficial SFM Crew Calculator.
    Now Available on Kindle Via Noble Storm Books
    Spiral War: On Dagger's Wings
    Spiral War: In Death's Shadow
    Sprial War: Rising Warrior/Rising THreat
    Pick up your copies and join the adventure.
    Kindle Scout Campaign October 2017 for:
    Spiral War: Armageddon's Pall
    Vote and help get Spiral War the visibility it deserves

i would assume either the same blue/grey as tie-fighters, or the white tone of the shuttles/ssd's.

there arent a lot of markings on the original imperial stuff that i can recall
    I've invented time travel in 2 hour increments! here's how i do it:
    step one ~ make coffee.
    step two ~ open MAX.
    step three ~ realize i'm trying to drink from an empty coffee cup and 2 hours have passed.

I imagine the prototype X-Wing paint scheme would look similar to the ARC fighter. What do you think?

Here are images of the model so far.

I recently read somewhere that the X-Wing is made of Titanium. Although this would work and has been done, (i.e. the SR-21) I believe in the Star Wars universe a composite material along the lines of high strength steel which would include Titanium and some unknown elements would be used.
    Synclair Hyqs
    Engineering Department Head
    Incom Corporation

That looks great.

depends, how well do you know my momentum?
    very good, what's the long hole behind the cockpit for? the colouring is nice already so you might want to try a version with that scheme plus a few markings. titanium was used for the sr-71 blackbird but it would probably either melt or brake during some of it's uses in star wars. the engine exhaust velocity will have to be colossal for a craft with such a tiny amount of reaction mass carried(or is it a ramjet?), this velocity equates to a high temperature(0.5mv^2=(3/2)KT) that would probably be high enough to melt any metal we currently use( could not calculate it as i lack the information on what mass of fuel is ejected per second and what it's exhaust velocity is. if i knew the power output of the x wing's engine i may be able to find that temperature of the exhaust gasses(hence proving titanium won't be good enough).). nice panel details and wiring effects around engines.

The forward part of the long hole behind the cockpit is where the Astromech droid (R2 unit) goes, the rest is a trench full of greebles.

depends, how well do you know my momentum?
    yeah, i know an r2 unit goes there, it just seemed a lot longer than needed. is that hole in the rear end going to look a bit like the back of a starfury/thuderbolt starfury.

He's just not finished that section yet, just a Greeble rich engineering trench. Looks fantastic by the way.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast