Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Odyssey Class variant

Downloads
    Uploads
    I fly an Engineering Odyssey. It looks awesome with the iridescence endowed by the M.A.C.O. Space Set. Would love to see this finished.

Downloads
    Uploads
    great stuff here....
    i did recently the master system display of the Odyssey and the Aquarius-Class on request. here and here are the links to it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    @VALKYRIE:
    Appreciate the screenies bro!
    had a thought of building this next myself.. or sometime in the near future
    And I would have had easier job... (again)

@Halo Buff:
    Presume you mean the honeycomb plating with drk blue illum. I might make that in the near future, depends on how it turns up.

@commandersozo: Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I checked the displays you made for the Odyssey Class, amazing piece of work!

@Lonewriter: Yes, this is the biggest cruiser class with 2500 crew as far as I know.

@metalsnake: Thanks bud, this problem has been solved

@evil_genius_180: Thanks bud!
    ----------

Sorry for the delay, but I had serious problems with the mesh itself plus thanks to the screenies I picked on several new details and because of that, redoed the saucer bottom completely.
    The problem caused me a really s#&@tstorm, as 3ds max users might know here, there are two very good commands at the edge tab, namely the loop and the ring. They are our best friends unless you do something drastic like assigning an isolated line accidently and press loop then delete... that can be wonderful...
    And when I picked that on? Of course after collapsing the whole mess into high poly. I was lucky though because I have several saves around so I could replace the "damaged parts" with the undamaged basic shape by using merge.
    About the progress: I added the basic panel lines and several greebles to the saucer and the nacelle. I have to admit I wanted to use aztec patterns but the shape of the saucer doesn't really make my life easier so it does look like I have to find another option. Warp might be a possible solution on the pattern though didn't work so far. The redoed parts can be seen on the bottom part by the "sharp mouth". The body is one piece except the greebles and the engines. Hmm.. too many characters I talk too much... pics bellow:
    Last edited by vnm51; 8th Jun 2013 at 16:28.

Downloads
    Uploads
    And the docking area:
    Last edited by vnm51; 8th Jun 2013 at 16:29.

In a house, in the dales of Derbyshire...
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Amazing work - I have to say I wasn't struck on the design when it was picked for STO - but it has grown on me, and yeah, I make use of one of these babies in game...

My advice re Max? Incremental saves (periodically hit the plus button on the save panel) - and set up your auto-saving as well. Yeah, means you end up with a lot of files, but rather that then ending up with a ****storm of a problem you can't fix Those two things have saved my bacon (and my mesh projects) time and time again.
    "Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us. But within that inch we are free"

Downloads
    Uploads
    looking outstanding! loving the detail!! keep it going!!
    "May you be in Heaven five minutes before the devil knows you're dead"
    Old Irish Toast

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i totaly LOVE it! the odyssey-class is one of my favorite designs of the (mostly ugly) "non canon" ships in STO... and its the new enterprise-f!
    yeah i know, they said it is the official sequel of the prime universe but somehow..... well... -.-
    i hope you will release this beauty when its finish?! *get on my knees* ^^

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love the curves here and modeling work is really great

Though, I have some suggestion below (PS -sry that I had to butcher your image). I know that this is from STO, however, in my opinion it strained just to far what I would consider ST (federation) design. Arrow like design is just too aggressive for anything that federation stands for (benevolent community of planets and myriad of species) and it got out of the control since VOY and the E from the TNG movies. anyway, just my suggestion to get out of the box

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	odyssey_02 copy.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	200.7 KB 
ID:	103237

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome back!
    You´re doing a fine work. Just a really smal niptick. Looking at teh oissey_05 pic, one "arrow" under the saucer looks to pointy, I suggest to chamfer that bit.

About the variant with rounded saucer, it could have been a totatlly diferent ship. rounding the saucer, breaks the design flow, done to follow the arrow shape. Maybe it´s time for a variant from your own?

Downloads
    Uploads
    interresting....
    See the Shadows of Darkness, Hear the Scream of Cruelty...

That's why I've became a Warrior of Heart, Defend the one you like, Guard the one you love...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast