Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DS9 in High Definition... could it be one step closer?

Downloads
    Uploads

DS9 in High Definition... could it be one step closer?

Last edited by Chris2005; 13th May 2013 at 21:14.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I could not bear to see the cool vfx of ds9 get screwed up by people that don't know what they're doing
    I pity the fool!

Downloads
    Uploads
    DS9 has fantastic visual effects. If they do this, they need to leave those alone and just re-print the show as it was in HD format. But, they probably won't do that.

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by IRML View Post
    I could not bear to see the cool vfx of ds9 get screwed up by people that don't know what they're doing
    Considering the cheapest and most expedient way of doing in it this case is to use the original companies and the original digital assets instead of redoing them from scratch there are fewer opportunities for screwups like they had in the TOS remastering.

The TOS episode with the mysterious ship that turned out to be Orion was the worst for interpretive gaffs I think, the dialog clearly showed that they were having trouble getting a good enough sensor read on the ship to identify it yet it is clearly visible on the screen in detail in the remastered version. The screen image was supposed to have an alias icon for the ship instead of the image of one and instead of doing an uprated version of that idea they just knee-jerk inserted a ship image.
    Last edited by BC; 11th May 2013 at 17:00.

depends, how well do you know my momentum?
    Downloads
    Uploads
    never saw ds9, was there a lot of action and battles? i know there was something with klingons and dominion forces. being more modern i guess they used cgi effects.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the first few season's should be alright, since it was mostly miniatures... but who are you referring to?

Downloads
    Uploads
    whoever it was on the TNG remastering who put bloom on everything, some of the engine glows even had the wrong blending mode, it was pretty silly

I have some of the DS9 scene files, maybe I'll render up one in HD to see how it looks
    I pity the fool!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2005 View Post
    Original SD (DVD):

Re-rendered in HD:

Read More:
    http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/05/dee...e-step-closer/
    Can somebody please tell me how second image is better? Who the hell is "re-rendering" this? It's abomination...in my eyes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    whoever it was on the TNG remastering who put bloom on everything, some of the engine glows even had the wrong blending mode, it was pretty silly

I have some of the DS9 scene files, maybe I'll render up one in HD to see how it looks
    Well, CBS Digital is doing Season's 1, 3, 5, 6 and 7...

Wrong blending mode? Perhaps you can show an example of what you mean, so far, I've not had a single issue with CBS Digital's quality... I personally love what CBS Digital is doing...

HTV Illuminate (now re-branded as illuminate Hollywood) did Season 2, however, Modern Videofilm is doing Season 4. Except for Redemption, I believe CBS Digital is doing both parts of it, to maintain consistency, as they did both parts of Best of Both Worlds...

If you haven't seen the Season 4 trailer, here it is:

Mind you, some shots aren't completed...

Quote Originally Posted by Latos View Post
    Can somebody please tell me how second image is better? Who the hell is "re-rendering" this? It's abomination...in my eyes.
    It should be noted, in the article it does say that the shot is unfinished... as the credit says in the bottom, the image was provided by Robert Bonchune.
    Last edited by Chris2005; 11th May 2013 at 21:12.

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/exclu...Farpoint04.jpg

look at that and tell me the bloom on the warp grills is correct, because it's not, and I saw that in a few of the screenshots you posted, very shoddy and something I really wouldn't have expected from 'professionals'

that and the general bloom all over, which makes it look like vaseline has been smeared on the lens, who honestly thinks that effect looks good?
    I pity the fool!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast