Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Star Wars Project

SFM Nugget
    Just for fun a cheap little test-animation (ok, its more about character animation than meshing).
    I made this Vader out of public-, commercial- and self-made parts and applicate it to the new "People in Motion" plugIn figure.
    (don't look at the horrible cowboy boots... )

http://darth-vader.ch/tswp/previews/...ref_k_post.mp4

In the meantime the character has been developed much further on a new basis of DAZ Michael 4.
    I'll use him and his imperial buddies only for pure ELS (Extreme long shots), where detail isn't really an issue.

Nice, though the proportions look a little off, perhaps due to those boots you mention, looks really good though, especially for a first test.

I've got to admit, I was STARING at those boots. (because they're so out of place)

Your animations are looking really nice. The shuttle flyby is nice and smooth and the walk cycle on Vader looks good.

Yippee ki yay, Captain Needa.

I find your lack of beans disturbing.

No, Luke, I am your paw.

I want them alive. No hangin's!
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

SFM Nugget
    I knew this boots would f... up the whole impression

@Talon_UK and evil_genius_180: The proportions are indeed off not only because of the boots.
    Though the figure of the PIM-PlugIn has a really smart and smooth animation behavior, you can't unfortunately change the body form.
    That's why I switched back to Posers Michael4 which can be (via morphs) adjusted very decidedly in it's body form.
    Hope I can show the new figure soon.

@bosun:

SFM Nugget
    I tried to make a little progress towards photorealism.
    How NanoGator recommended to me, I looked for possible high-resolution photographs of weathered surfaces and then mixed it with some noise algorithms in color, bump and diffusion channels. With this first result of tonight at least I'm not unhappy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sentinel_ref_p0004.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	196.5 KB 
ID:	105354

If you cut down the diffusion a bit and up the specular setting, you'll get more of a metallic look. Otherwise, it's looking really cool.

Making good progress, I think it would help to have some finer detailing, greebles and such to help with the scale; remove the panel effect from the texture and add it into the mesh itself, and use the texture for the colour and dirt and wear and tear.

As you see in the Lamda shuttle, the lines are quite clearly cut into the body, and then only takes ambient dirt (and specular) to to bring it to life

http://s3.postimg.org/4hqm24ter/IMG_7789.jpg
    Last edited by Wiz; 30th Aug 2013 at 08:13.
    "Albatross... Albatross... Albatross... Of course you don't get wafers with it!"

@Pauljwiz

Heh, I used to have that model, serious blast from the past.

Looking good BigT. Yeah, like Wiz says, a little more fine geometry greeble detailing will set your model off a treat.

SFM Nugget
    Good modeling. Maybe you should add a little bit of reflection.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast