Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No more downloads?

Knock, knock ! Anybody home ? Are admins there ?
    It would be nice if http://www.scifi-meshes.com administrators could post their answer on those questions concerning downolad area.

It is somehow funny to have no 3D meshes on scifi-meshes website, isn't it ?

Considering that fact that it's a forum, no it's not that funny or even strange. Lots of forums don't have downloads sections.

As for meshes, there are plenty. They're in the form of images and animations in the various sections of the forum, rendered by the artists who made or downloaded them.

SFM Nugget
    Any update to the missing download capability on this site?

SFM Nugget
    no more download.. sic..

Too bad ! Is there any reason why the download section does not work ?
    In February I sent a message to admin, but still no answer - or too busy, or dead....

Samurai gave an explanation as to what happened to the downloads section in this thread:

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/s...206#post600206

In the several years since the downloads section has disappeared, that's the best explanation anyone from the staff has given as to why it went away. It doesn't exactly give an explanation as to why it hasn't been fixed, but at least he told us what happened to it.

Hi all,

To expand on the post that evil_genius_180 linked to...

There have been several occasions where a fair amount of effort has been put into rebuilding the downloads area. By the time Ace and the staff had the forum at a point where there was confidence in the database, the vast majority of people who contributed work that existed prior to the sequence of crashes the site suffered just weren't reachable based upon the information we had. Some never re-registered, some did but rarely posted, and others said they would try and help, but as is often the case real life got in the way. At the end of today, we can't begrudge people for not continuing to build things on a free-of-charge, lots-of-time-invested basis when they have jobs and families to look after.

We realise the burning question for some is "will the downloads selection return?" At this point all I can tell you is that it is up for discussion- as are many other aspects of the site. SFM has been asleep for a long time, but it is not dead.

We have much work to do.

- Samurai.

“ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS, EXCEPT EUROPA.
    ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE.
    USE THEM TOGETHER. USE THEM IN PEACE.”

Samurai and other moderators. I posted a great many of my pre-TOS and other meshes (Star Trek) in the old downloads section. Would be happy to re- upload them again should you decide to do the downloads section at some point. Lt.Carter
    Stan: Oh my god they spaced Kenny! Kyle: You bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Carter View Post
    Samurai and other moderators. I posted a great many of my pre-TOS and other meshes (Star Trek) in the old downloads section. Would be happy to re- upload them again should you decide to do the downloads section at some point. Lt.Carter
    Hi Lt.Carter, thanks for the offer- sounds good! We're currently working on what exactly this sort of functionality would look like, but definitely keep an eye out here for updates. Can't promise they'll arrive soon, but it it being discussed.

“ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS, EXCEPT EUROPA.
    ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE.
    USE THEM TOGETHER. USE THEM IN PEACE.”

Hi,
    I’m not much of a message poster but I did really appreciate the great work that was freely available to those who are much less capable. In fact it was the reason I joined. Yes, I did sometimes feel like a leach, so didn’t download too much, knowing I couldn’t give back.

It has been over a year since the last post here. Surely the website hosts would have backed up everything. All the forum posts seem to be intact.

Fingers crossed that the download section will return.
    Cheers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast