Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Results 91 to 97 of 97

Thread: scifieric's Blender USS Enterprise

  1. #91
    Veteran Member scifieric's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 06
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Polaris 004 View Post
    That is a beautiful Connie. I really need to update my computer and mess around with some of Blenders newer features.
    Thank you very much, Polaris 004!

    When you do, don't forget to check out (and install) the Filmic Color Management System for Blender!

    http://www.creativeshrimp.com/filmic...-tutorial.html

    https://github.com/sobotka/filmic-blender
    Last edited by scifieric; 27th Jan 2018 at 13:56. Reason: More information.

  2. #92
    SFM Guru PixelMagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 06
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Age
    34
    Posts
    864
    I just heard about Filmic Blender this week. The bad news is I use 3ds max. The good news is that Filmic Blender is built in OCIO, so I was able to port it over the Vray in 3ds max as well as Adobe After Effects. I used Filmic Blender to render this shot of nighfever's Enterprise-A. Love it!


  3. #93
    Veteran Member scifieric's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 06
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by PixelMagic View Post
    I used Filmic Blender to render this shot of nighfever's Enterprise-A. Love it!
    Great job PixelMagic!

    Damn! That looks like a REAL object!

  4. #94
    SFM Nugget Tea Monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15
    Age
    51
    Posts
    14
    That is amazing, it looks just like a still from the TV series.

    I'm loving filmic as well.

    Do you mind me asking what lighting you are using? Are you using lamps, emitter planes or HDRI?

  5. #95
    Veteran Member scifieric's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 06
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea Monster View Post
    That is amazing, it looks just like a still from the TV series.

    I'm loving filmic as well.

    Do you mind me asking what lighting you are using? Are you using lamps, emitter planes or HDRI?
    I don't mind any question!

    For the most part, emitter planes. But I recently starting using a spot lamp on the underside of the Saucer. As near as I can figure out, that is how they lit the real model.

    On top of that, I have the whole thing (models, planes, spot lamps) inside a large box that is made invisible to the camera. That simulates the environment that the model was filmed in during the 1960's. It works REALLY well. If you make the box blue, it can even simulate the blue spill from the blue screens used.

    I hope that answers everything!

    And thank you for the compliment!

  6. #96
    It's Grim up North! Samurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 06
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    728
    Quote Originally Posted by scifieric View Post
    I don't mind any question!

    For the most part, emitter planes. But I recently starting using a spot lamp on the underside of the Saucer. As near as I can figure out, that is how they lit the real model.

    On top of that, I have the whole thing (models, planes, spot lamps) inside a large box that is made invisible to the camera. That simulates the environment that the model was filmed in during the 1960's. It works REALLY well. If you make the box blue, it can even simulate the blue spill from the blue screens used.

    I hope that answers everything!

    And thank you for the compliment!
    That is a top-drawer answer. Nicely done!

    “ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS, EXCEPT EUROPA.
    ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE.
    USE THEM TOGETHER. USE THEM IN PEACE.”

  7. #97
    Veteran Member scifieric's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 06
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
    That is a top-drawer answer. Nicely done!
    Thank you Samurai! If illustrations are needed, I'm happy to oblige!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •