Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 117

Thread: scifieric's Blender USS Enterprise

  1. #21
    Veteran Member scifieric's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 06
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,176
    LOL! I enjoyed the backstage stories about the tribbles and David Gerrold's writing of the episode, along with his apology to HeinLein for unintentionally ripping off the novel The Rolling Stones.

  2. #22
    Veteran Member scifieric's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 06
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,176
    I know that I often talk about The Doomsday Machine, but one of the shots that I tend to emulate from the original Star Trek series as a test is the opening shot from The Immunity Syndrome.



    Click the thumbnail to be taken to YouTube. If not, here is the link: https://youtu.be/Jh5a-X0FN_o

    Everything made in Blender 3D including the particle system I made for the star background. The entire effects shot was composited in Blender as well, but I put the sequence together with the clip from the episode using Corel Video Studio 6.

  3. #23
    SFM Guru uniderth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 06
    Location
    Earth.... I think
    Age
    33
    Posts
    360
    10,000 times better than TOS-R.

  4. #24
    Veteran Member scifieric's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 06
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by uniderth View Post
    10,000 times better than TOS-R.
    You have no idea how happy that sentence makes me feel! Thank you uniderth!

  5. #25
    SFM Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 13
    Age
    27
    Posts
    990
    Looks really good. Rather like the studio model might have done had they got decent enough cameras at the time.

  6. #26
    SFM Article Writer homerpalooza67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 06
    Location
    New York
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,850
    Quote Originally Posted by scifieric View Post
    LOL! I enjoyed the backstage stories about the tribbles and David Gerrold's writing of the episode, along with his apology to HeinLein for unintentionally ripping off the novel The Rolling Stones.
    Those were the days, eh? Now even an unintentional mistake like that can lead to lawsuits

    Quote Originally Posted by scifieric View Post
    I know that I often talk about The Doomsday Machine, but one of the shots that I tend to emulate from the original Star Trek series as a test is the opening shot from The Immunity Syndrome.



    Click the thumbnail to be taken to YouTube. If not, here is the link: https://youtu.be/Jh5a-X0FN_o

    Everything made in Blender 3D including the particle system I made for the star background. The entire effects shot was composited in Blender as well, but I put the sequence together with the clip from the episode using Corel Video Studio 6.
    I can't see youtube at work, would you mind posting a couple hi-res screenshots? I"ll look at the whole clip when im home.
    "Homer, you father was the captain of a starship for 12 minutes. We lost 800 lives and the ship was destroyed by collision. I dare you to do better."-killakanz

    'You get home from work, the wife asks, What did you do today?

    You respond, I pancaked Qs butt. '

  7. #27
    Veteran Member scifieric's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 06
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex5972 View Post
    Looks really good. Rather like the studio model might have done had they got decent enough cameras at the time.
    That's very kind of you Vortex5972! Thank you! (Makes me feel good!)
    Quote Originally Posted by homerpalooza67 View Post
    Those were the days, eh? Now even an unintentional mistake like that can lead to lawsuits

    I can't see youtube at work, would you mind posting a couple hi-res screenshots? I"ll look at the whole clip when im home.
    Yep. I'm actually pretty surprised that nothing came out of that. I guess it all depends upon intent and the humor of the person "offended". James Cameron had to append an acknowledgement to Harlan Ellison at the end of The Terminator for something similar!

    I only saw this after I got home. This test was at about DVD resolution, so I'll post a couple of those for now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vlcsnap-2015-06-12-20h37m38s704.png 
Views:	170 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	111600   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vlcsnap-2015-06-12-20h37m48s080.png 
Views:	148 
Size:	139.7 KB 
ID:	111601   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vlcsnap-2015-06-12-20h37m54s829.png 
Views:	167 
Size:	150.0 KB 
ID:	111602  

  8. #28
    Veteran Member scifieric's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 06
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,176
    And for fun, here's a shot to simulate the "blue spill" from blue screens of the day. That, and the occasional color gel over the lights.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FAMOUSANGLE1.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	111603  

  9. #29
    SFM Article Writer homerpalooza67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 06
    Location
    New York
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,850
    fantastic!
    "Homer, you father was the captain of a starship for 12 minutes. We lost 800 lives and the ship was destroyed by collision. I dare you to do better."-killakanz

    'You get home from work, the wife asks, What did you do today?

    You respond, I pancaked Qs butt. '

  10. #30
    Veteran Member scifieric's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 06
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by homerpalooza67 View Post
    fantastic!
    Thank You homerpalooza67!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •