Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Springfield Class Starship in Blender

Okay, I've poked at the mesh a bit more, and perhaps now I might have the basic approach down. See what you guys think.

First, here's the Base ship. Designated a cargo carrier, she has expanded capabilities via a modular system of attachment points, one dorsal and one ventral.

Primarily responsible for delivering cargo and material goods, she can nonetheless be joined to several different modules suited to the transport of personnel.

Typically these modules are outfitted with impulse drive, and require the transport to merely tangent the system of delivery. A Springfield class vessel does not even need to drop out of warp, but can release the pod at warp speeds and allow the pod to naturally slow to impulse speeds as it leaves the warp field of the parent vessel. The pod can then proceed into the system under its own impulse power, minimizing the delay in the carrier's schedule.

Numerous other pod options exist for any number of mission profiles. Very rarely, and under times of extreme need, she may even be outfitted with a weapon pod.

Similarly outfitted with an independant impulse drive, this pod can be crewed, or serve as a weapon drone.

That's the gist of my approach, please let me know any objections. Otherwise I will probably finish up detailing her like this. I'm really pleased with the way she is turning out. I had not expected to fall in love with her lines the way I am. I think her profile is really pretty dang nice looking IIDSSM.
    Last edited by Polaris 004; 24th Jan 2018 at 20:39.
    "Of course the Neverlands vary a great deal. John's, for instance, had a lagoon with flamingoes flying over it at which he was shooting, while Michael, who was very small, had a flamingo with lagoons flying over it." --Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

I think it looks great. The connectors fit the model very well. The one for the lower pod is much better than what was on the studio model.

I like it- clearly we were thinking along similar lines. Looking forward to detail and completion.

“ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS, EXCEPT EUROPA.
    ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE.
    USE THEM TOGETHER. USE THEM IN PEACE.”

Hm.... Dunno about the new engineering pod... Particularly the aft torpedo tube, you've already one above it on the neck, if I saw that right.
    See the Shadows of Darkness, Hear the Scream of Cruelty...

That's why I've became a Warrior of Heart, Defend the one you like, Guard the one you love...

Quote Originally Posted by Aresius View Post
    Hm.... Dunno about the new engineering pod... Particularly the aft torpedo tube, you've already one above it on the neck, if I saw that right.
    That's actually an impulse engine. I haven't put any torpedo bays on her yet. I don't think the engineering pod is going to have any torpedoes. I think just phasers.
    "Of course the Neverlands vary a great deal. John's, for instance, had a lagoon with flamingoes flying over it at which he was shooting, while Michael, who was very small, had a flamingo with lagoons flying over it." --Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

Excellent work so far! IDK if this'll help any, but I found this...

Good work Polaris!

I like the stalk much better. Far more functional!
    Jennifer Linsky
    "When first my brave Jenny lass came to this town, she had a blue bonnet that wanted a crown..." --Robbie Burns

I've been on a mesh binge, and I'd like to get this girl polished up, too. I've been dinking with the build here and there, and have added some detail, as well as her regs and banners. Still needs some more details and textures, although she looks fairly real when i render her in cycles...

With Deflector...

Without Deflector....

With Pod....

Without pod...

Probably my favourite design from the Wolf 359 fleet (it's a battle between Springfield and Cheyenne ).

I love the original pylon configuration but your version also looks very nice, a lot cleaner actually.
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast