Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Filling in some of the 23rd-24th Century (AKA my unskilled PS Trek doodles)

Filling in some of the 23rd-24th Century (AKA my unskilled PS Trek doodles)

For a while now I've been slowly putting together a collection of ideas for an "idealised" Enterprise-C interior, one that (like the Probert concept) doesn't lean quite so heavily upon the Movie-era aesthetics of a good 40 years earlier... The intention is to create a set of rough blueprints, mockups, and PS paintovers for the commissioning of a new Bridge and other areas in 3D, and to better flesh out the "lost years" before TNG.

With that in mind, below are the first rough images of what direction I'm taking the Okudagrams in: A "final install" version, which hints at the LCARS to come. The colors are currently sticking to the movie era, but that may yet change.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E-C Okudagrams Door Control.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	115585

Name:	E-C Okudagrams final install.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	115584

I'm pretty satisfied with the "door control" type panel layout, but I know the other input panel needs a bit more fleshing out. Ideas? Suggestions?
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

SFM Nugget
    Nice! Do you use Inkscape or PS? I'm definetely looking forward to see more!

Thanks @FANGS! I'm what most would call a low-level PS user
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

Glad you're posting these! Certainly nothing low-level here, keep at it mate!
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Cheers buddy! In fact probably the main reason I've finally started posting was your feedback.

So here's another element I've been working on; corridor deck/section signage. I'm basing these primarily off some of the old TNG pre-production concepts done by (I think?) Mike Okuda, as I felt they made an ideal go-between for the Movie and early TNG eras. The colors are intended to match up with the various Movie-era divisions, to denote the function of a particular section in that deck.

Name:	Corridor Signage - Engineering copy.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	315.2 KB 
ID:	115587

Name:	Corridor Signage - Sciences copy.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	294.8 KB 
ID:	115586

Name:	Corridor Signage - Medical copy.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	300.4 KB 
ID:	115588

SFM Nugget
    Below are some of the ST 4 displays from the Enterprise Bridge, the layout of them are earlier than the finished and polished look used in ST 5 and 6

Name:	Ent A Bridge 01.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	115590

Name:	Ent A Bridge 02.jpg 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	115591

Name:	Ent A Bridge 03.PNG 
Size:	469.0 KB 
ID:	115592

Name:	Ent A Bridge 04.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	121.5 KB 
ID:	115593

Name:	Ent A Bridge 05.PNG 
Views:	25 
Size:	472.5 KB 
ID:	115594

Name:	Ent A Bridge 06.PNG 
Views:	26 
Size:	473.9 KB 
ID:	115595

Name:	Ent A Bridge 07.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	115596

@mdta thanks for sharing those; they may be handy for the Constellation bridge (and possibly for what she looked like when launched!). I love the extra commentary regarding how they were expected to function!

What I'm working on here is a link between the Generations style of Okudagrams and labelling/signage, and what we saw by the time of early TNG.

SFM Nugget
    You should consider the colour scheme and font choices.

Something between the Narrow fonts of LCARS, and a bridge between the Blue and Green of the Movie Era, and the Orange, Purples, Creams, and Pinks of TNG LCARS

The font type is staying as it is; though as I mentioned in the initial post I may decide to tweak the color scheme (not much, as I'm quite fond of the traditional palette - and besides which, remember that early TNG was more of a mix of olive green and blues).

I don't want to go overboard when it comes to bridging the gap, and I already have a proto-LCARS -the immediate successor to these- that I've been putting together; it holds minor elements and references back to the Movie era. It's intended to be installed sometime in the 2340s. I'll post those at a later date, but for now:

Standard doorsign, based on some of the Generations signage but with a TNG touch

Name:	Signage - Doorsign.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	115601

And some example labels. I figure by this point in time, Starfleet has migrated fully away from the bigger 4:3 ratio labels, to something akin to TNG (though a touch bigger). As with the previous corridor signs, labels are dept color-coded according to designation. Here we have:
    1) Engineering systems
    2) General use labels
    3) Critical systems
    4) Medical equipment

Name:	Signage - Labels.jpg 
Size:	261.2 KB 
ID:	115602
    Last edited by Starscream; 17th Nov 2018 at 00:17.

This stuff is all super nice. I have been thinking about the not-okudagrammed-LCARS-without-copyright-replacement for my universe and how to make it nice without looking like I'm trying to copy Star Trek. Since you seem more skilled than you're willing to admit, mind giving us starters some tips, and then passing judgement on our vague attempts to mimic your work? ... And would we have to call you Sensei?
    Looking for (non commercial) Group: The UNITI Project - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...7LAQ09u51M0APK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast