Page 55 of 82 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: -= The NEW MKF random trek crap thread =-

Wanting for a change of pace I decided to take a stab at getting this model to a more finished state. Sadly it looks like I really gotta do a lot of tedious stuff like re balancing the materials and correcting some of the surfacing. As for the model I am fighting the urge to toss out a lot of things after looking at some of the old block in WIP images. Things like the forward struts irk me the area of the neck between the saucer and deflector are a bit meh as well as some of the overall geometry. I just cut in the forward alt deflector and weapons bay in the forward saucer before considering what I will do with this thing.

Image that has me rethinking some of the structure. Mainly the dropped nacelle mounting.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

I still like this ship... especially the spine of it. I do hope you work out your issues with it and see it through, it deserves to take flight.

Forgot to include a object flow wireframe to show how much a PITA this thing is as I have not much choice in the way things can be broken up. It is like those complex Mughi nacelles where I had to have the objects occluding each other until I got to collapsing and doing final work on them. This is part of why I go geh and consider not going into it to correct things I would want to change.

I have considered this could be a NX and the following be a final NCC production ship. Still leaves me with this unfinished. Add in I do want to start working on things other than trek as well, BUT I want to complete existing WIP. So starting a new project is pushing things.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Collapse and clean up and detail work on the rail and some work on the deflector

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

More underside bits.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Keep forgetting to post updates things are just not going that fast either. Mostly just more details in that ditch, which is part of the slipstream field modulation. I have yet to decide how I will detail that area or any of the lower saucer area. I also started some of the layout for lower hull markings and cut in the inset for those belly lifeboats.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

There doubled the polys and patched it all in guess it is time to re-cut that deflector and weapons cutout again. Almost tempted to forgo this detail though it does add detail to an area that is mostly blank. I hope this is enough density for the rim to avoid any segs showing up as I add future detail.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

This is shaping up to be one of my favourite designs of yours!
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Ok I think if I go with this style of cut out I will use this for it and manually bodge the inset up the hull some more than where the boolean ends. Draw back is it DOES affect the registry, so I am not sure yet if it shou8ld just cross over or sit inside the inset?

Question is is this a improvement over the old cut out style?

Old cut out.

Ok these images are freaking out here too. Must be wordpress is having connection issues or some sort of crc issues as the images are randomly showing up and or giving errors. F3d these were not showing up at all.
    Last edited by MadKoiFish; 5th Mar 2018 at 03:06.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

It is an improvement in my opinion. What about a mix of both? Keeping the new style, but with the cutout starting below the running light as in the old one.

Also, I don't know if you changed the hull color or just the illumination, but I like the colder look on the ship.
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page