Page 56 of 82 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Thread: -= The NEW MKF random trek crap thread =-

It is just lighting changes and adjustments to get the materials to show better. Early on I had a NO NO tinted light as the main. I converted to the light rig from the IOWA thing to neutralize the WIP renders so color is represented in a neutral way. Part of the orangey light was leftovers from the SOTL render set up.

Unlike many of my TNG ships this one has a much stronger Galaxy egg blue color to it.

For the deflector/ weapons areas I was considering having it in that flat face of the cutout. Or to cut flat across the top some where and drop it down ( I think this is what you are suggesting.) It can be flat faced or curved following the hull. Sampled follow the curvature. I am thinking #2 one is the way to go as it provides enough size for the things I might add. Though nothing says I need to do a secondary deflector.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

I like the new one. The vertical wall in the old cut-out looks out of place.

There we go a more refined example of what I had in mind. Keeping that wall planar though is NIGHTMARE sauce.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Of course I need to adjust those dark panels by extruding and loads of annoying patching to flow around this new change in angle of the cuts. I will of course have to redo the lighting. I am a bit bothered about the size of the registry though.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Ah, the set-back, and the angles at the sides fixes things.

Ok a quickie update, sorta took longer to render it lol. Added some dummy stuff in the cut out. Not sure if those walls will be like they are or if I will shape it up to fit the objects in there more. They are angled atm to match the outer walls so when viewed from the front they match. Did consider swapping those torps for pulse phaser nipples but maybe I will shrink the deflector object and put both? I might adjust the lip to be thinner or remove it completely dunno yet.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Very elegant solution in the end!
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Thanks,

Where I have to leave it tonight. Gonna have to redo those phasers I think as there is no longer a reason to have them stop where they do.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Added in the pulse phasers JIC, some details on the deflector and put in permanent orange field shaper things along with glow blocks.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Thinking out some windows and planning hull markings. Debating if I want to make any of these as inset bits or mega rooms. I would think it nice to have a few large rooms flanking the deflector like a port and starboard 10fwd or the like.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-