Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445

Thread: -= The NEW MKF random trek crap thread =-

Downloads
    Uploads
    As much as I don't want to I am reshaping the secondary hull. mostly the warp cut out area as the old one was to shallow and ended up with a overly elongated secondary hull that looked awkward at certain angles. Sadly it means dumping all the cutout detail and aft service bays, it might even mean those elements will not return as interior volume might not allow them.

I am tempted to replace the struts as well as they taper a bit as they join the nacelle. how they ended up doing this or why is long lost. heh.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well put paid to that, new bit welded into the old bits and some sticky film and glue has put some old parts onto the new. Still will have to rebuild a lot of stuff such as the interiors but least that obs room was saved heh. Added a 2 pair of lifeboats as well. HOWEVER, I might make a pass through to the main shuttle bay or the internal repair bay vs the service bays that were there. As mentioned engine core stuff might interfere with the service bays and not allow them to be rebuilt.

Interior layout and volume for stuff. Service bays are too larger or would have to wrap around the core, something I would rather not do.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

SFM Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads
    this a new design or a fleshed out ambassador class?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcloud View Post
    this a new design or a fleshed out ambassador class?
    Has nothing to do with the Ambassador except predating it by a decade or so. This is a update of a older mesh used in my first SOTL image. Not sure how much of the info remains online (build logs here might be gone but F3d ones might still exist)
    Bit of info on my blog

https://madkoifish.wordpress.com/201...u-s-s-balmung/

small gallery of older images from last year
    https://bolidecascade.wordpress.com/...lmung-project/

Drop down bays and I managed to get the service bays in. They wont be as large as before but they clear most of the other internals to be included.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK new struts. While some of the decals are displaying differently everything but the vents and those ribs are restored. Reason this was done was due to that tapering in of the strut thickness bothered me WAY too much, not to mention some of the shaping bothered me. Most of the old shape was to try to deal with how the flat face changes on a strut as it swoops forward and then curves upward. If not square to the model you get some funny angles. The old arrangement created a really steep sweep forward angle I did not like.

ATTN SFM viewers: It has come to my attention that the site is still infected with the google search exploit where it redirects to some not so savory sites running some dodgy scripts. While the site had issues with stuff easily blocked these exploits are not blockable from the users side of things. SO because of this I cam considering heavily if I will continue to post content here as anyone doing a search through google bing yahoo etc will experience these security holes in the site.

I have been hoping these issues would be resolved but after hearing the site is up for grabs and the site owner not showing any interest to repair or fix these issues or even keeping the membership informed I do not see anything changing for the better any time soon unless someone steps up and takes over.

My work will still be view able at foundation3d.com and 3dscifi.com as well as my blogs WIP WORK Posts I wont be making a decision right away but likely I will abandon SFM. I hate to as it was my first 3d forum back in 2001-2002 then rejoining sometime in 2005 and I have learned a lot over those intervening years.
    Last edited by MadKoiFish; 15th Jul 2017 at 05:17.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445