Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: -= The NEW MKF random trek crap thread =-

Downloads
    Uploads

-= The NEW MKF random trek crap thread =-

Well, not that they gain huge amounts of replies I just did not feel like bringing back a thread from 2013. But this really does not constitute a new thread of it's own as it really might not be a proper project. . . . . .

Dunno what I am doing with this or if it will go anywhere. Idea was to base it off of the IOWA sketch from STO and alter things up. Like removing the upper mounted (I assume variable geo) Nacelles for more of a miranda like underslung arrangement. Maybe. Anyhow as said just some messing about for now. it might lead to something more or just die off in a corner somewhere.

Attached Images  
    Last edited by MadKoiFish; 28th Dec 2016 at 07:17.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting ship design. The first shot made me think of a stylized N64 controller, but probably bc I have my own controller-inspired ship in the works.

Downloads
    Uploads

dunno, wasting a lot of time with nacelles.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

SFM Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Neat ship. Those nacelles are awesome.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the nacelles as well. But the rest of the ship...dunno... looks kinda Cardassian-ish

Downloads
    Uploads
    It actually looks like it is either a variant or offshoot of the Sabre (Saber?) class ship. Looks good so far. Do those little pylon like struts just below the nacelles have a purpose?
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage

Downloads
    Uploads
    Like where those nacelles are going, the rest of the body is an interesting shape too. I think once the details come in even with that unusual shape it'll soon start to look Federation like in design. The design motifs are strong enough for you to branch away from the typical disc shaped hull and still retain a Federation starship feel, just look at the Defiant.
    Last edited by TALON_UK; 7th Dec 2015 at 19:41.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As some people seem to have issue with reading where this is based off of or just do not remember the images (this was 8yrs ago!! lol) And yeah, sure it might be inspired by a sabre class, I cannot say.

It is based on this thing. I have done no drawings or expanded work up. Just opened max and started at it. I have intentionally upscaled the ship in size as I think the original was too small. She appeared to be about 100m (KIM the nacelles are MUCH shorter) mine is 190ish m or 140m sans nacelles. The image should have call outs for parts I have on mine. Only thing I will not do is stick phasers all over it and all over major elements like engines or across what clearly are rooms or other machinery.

I am still trying to justify the hunched back, I have lowered the elevation a lot compared to the drawing. ATM it is being retained mostly for the shapes it produces on the rear view of the ship. Primarily I am aiming to retain the overall silhouette of the ship and some elements of it.

Changes, I have removed the battleship pented front to the superstructure and moved to a rounded front on it and the bridge housing. Replaced those meh struts with heavy pylons that flow with the adjoining deck, I will likely thin these out later on. The connection to the nacelles is bleh as it overlaps that lit area. I will have to look at altering things to clear that area up. The nacelles in of themselves will have that parted together look most of my post TNG stuff has.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Downloads
    Uploads
    not much for an update as I spent most of the time merging up shapes and dealing with the nightmare of all the overlapped faces and crap. So now the "saucer" and all the elevations are one piece and cleaned up. Also spent time on the connectors for all the bits though there is a lot more to go as it is all blocky bits and bobs.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Downloads
    Uploads
    i like, what you did with the nacelles. they are much more starfleet-like then the ones of the iowa-class from richard. look forward to the development of this.

Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast