Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29697576777879

Thread: -= The NEW MKF random trek crap thread =-

Test extrusion of the panels. On the fence here up close it looks ok but at a distance it sort of reads as noise.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

to be fair you only lose the depth in the third shot, so you swapping it ut for a texture probably won't give you anything except a lower poly count.

Also, as the bridge section, this is an area likely to get close camera passes, so I woudn;t change it. (Though that's mainly because I wish I was half as good!)
    Looking for (non commercial) Group: The UNITI Project - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...7LAQ09u51M0APK

I am not texturing anything, it is all physical modeling.

What I refer to are the panels and visual detail at various distances from the model. For my eye the distance shot of the dome it looks messy vs closer in and in relation to other parts of the ship as a whole. Solution could be to alter gaping between panels lower overall height or alter the pattern of the panels.

ATM I am considering loosing some of the panel count and eliminating small panels so it better matches stuff around it. Granted I have a second level of panels to do on the cylinder part.

As for textures it will be all procedurals, I do not even want to attempt unwrapping this thing. Typical rooms and maybe detail objects will get bitmaped and unwrapped but the rest is all going to be projected and use cheater shaders like AO to fake grime etc.

Adding this as I made the cap for another forum figured it might be of interest. Ignore the connie in detail as it is not properly square to the ortho view it was posed for some scene at one point and the zero settings got lost along the way.

892ft or 272meters long
    Last edited by MadKoiFish; 28th Aug 2018 at 12:44.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Lost of distractions today it seems as I got little done so far. But enough to get a rough test of altered panels and extrusions. These are not as deep and are larger in units also messing with the angles of the extrusions Might not be evident but the upper panel extrusions are a bit taller than lower down.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

DOUHHHHHHHH!

Stuffed a light inside to sorta show the inner shapes better. ATM it is just render double sided I will add thickness later. Ignore the shadows as the inner grids are hidden allowing light through.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

I decided to change these for the relays or what not that is mentioned as going down too often. While I was at it I added some homage to the shapes of the things. Maybe someone will get where they are from. Of course ratios are a bit squiffy as I need to fit them in the hull and not conflict with other internals.

NOW I spent time making these I doubt they will be as clearly seen as this render depicts, you might see just a bit of one or 2 poking up from the hull.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Now there are 4 of these things, least on the one side as you wont see squat from the other. Time to frame that area up but instead I lazed about after dinner so these 2 renders are from then and likely where I will leave this bit of ship as mentioned they wont be sticking out much in the final work.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

SFM Obsessed
    Great work

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29697576777879