Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: -= The NEW MKF random trek crap thread =-

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

The upper room I have not decided on what it is going to be. Conference room, lounge, officers meeting room, etc.

Well crap I dunno rendering the full ship the shuttle obs windows is look funk. I do plan to adjust the other windows in the hump trench as the frames are to small.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Where I left the detailing.

I then thought to try redoing the wing parts to contain the tapering curve of the orthos of the ship in the prototype image.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Some small changes to the hull and central hull (reverted it to subdiv) and made new weapons pods.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

If I ever need a new wallpaper I just check out your threads MKF. You're work is amazing as always!

SFM Obsessed
    I actually like that for an aft of a Discovery type ship. Maybe you could do your own take on this?
    http://www.starshipmodeler.net/talk/...10958#p1710958

That site is useless as it is a closed garden. IE "cant see $hit captain".

Given the hacks seem cleaned out I decided to return to posting WIP. Buttloads up changes since last post. Need to see them hit up f3d or the blog.

Transporter emitters stolen from elsewhere some panels and bit I forget what, then lower black panels as well as integrating the supports for the pods. I did not like the style of the panels on the image so I wort of copied the SOV. I might undo the gray bits and take the flat white line back to hull color. I might also level the white bit to the panel height atm it is the same height as the surrounding hull. Oh and added panels to those aft pod lumps and corrected the RCS material. Need to go back and apply this to the Atheling too (ship used in the SOTL 2018 image)

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

More belly stuff.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Changing out the BUTT. I really did not like the waistband thing so I took it out and now that I have this unified section I think I might include the horseshoe like observation room that is in the concept image. If not I need to come up with something for these areas. I might also consider blowing out that upper room and the details on it as it does stick out now.

yes, that is one object. lol.

addendum:

Here is a full ship render to show it as a whole. I really need to look at replacing those sensor boxes between the nacelles and weapons pods. Hate how they are not centered (cant do such as the way I wanted the nacelles and pods to sit on the hull vs the concept art and the angles I insisted foolishly on in the early stages of the modeling. Those chamfers on the lower hull should have been shallower and not so deep. BUGGER.

oh yeah a front view for completeness. I think I forgot to mention I did alter the torp position on these pods with the idea that I might add some pulse phasers in there if not Ill add dome doodad instead. Just a bit on the fence about too many weapons in this as the Defiant was suppose to be the super gunboat overpowered thing. Granted I think these STO ships are far past the Defiant's era.

Last edited by MadKoiFish; 20th Dec 2017 at 11:50.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

A butt with a view.

Altered a bit.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-