Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: -= The NEW MKF random trek crap thread =-

Make you no Stress, i had to finish one of my Models, that can take One or Two Weeks, but thanks in advance!
    "All this has happened before, and all this will happen again..." Prophecies of Pythia

No prob. I just put that stuff up as I had the time not to mention the realization that a lot of the WIP content was not accessible, least through ways I know of.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Mess of chamfering and some altering of parts added in something onto those flat gray areas and put some aft vents in for no particular reason other than to make that flat area look like it was there for some reason vs just adding visual form. Guessing they would be early stage plasma flush vents. I am still racking my head about what ideas I had intended for this model way back when I slapped it together.

I do vaugely remember wanting the fin to be a large sensor array to justify the presence of it as well as some slight canon of the BOPss being atmospheric and a large fin like this would stabilise the hull some in an atmosphere. Maybe why this thing makes me think of a car with wings at times. EXP those low 3/4 front renders.

Things I am considering changing are the feather struts or struts themselves to be more than large blocks. And then look at doing something with those aft nacelle bits as I really dislike the narrowness of them. Maybe dump the TOS like chrome vent things for something more like the ENT version. Which if I remember is much larger than this, I did not use those in the image originaly as I did not have time to spend making a acurate model of the ship seen in ENT, that and I figure with one of my renders people look forward to something new. I hope. . . . .

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

I think this is one of the best Romulan designs I've seen. Nice work, Dan.
    "No man fears to kneel before the God he trusts. Without faith, without belief in something, what are we?"

1:16, 2:4, 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13 - The Roman Road

MOLON LABE

Changed the curvature of the central blister thing and while I was modeling other parts I decided to clean up the layers on this project as I was getting insane crap like "box 234897" this is due to a issue of importing a mesh from a while back that somehoe screws up the max numbering. I I went hunting for the one object that is miss numbered and to rename all objects. I found some ghost objects not allowing me to remove some layers GRRR (still looking for those)

ANYHOO, I found these nacelles in one of the layers.

I think I dumped them due to time and relation to ENT and the fact I had to repurpose this to SOTL.

Not a big update as the most current work really is not on these renders (visible) but hey figured I should put these up and see what others think. Sorta fenced myself but lots of other things have sapped up desision making lately with the HTPC takeing a turd on itself (spewing caps)
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Nice, remember loving this when it was first being developed, one of my faves of your designs, wasn't it a more TOS style creamy white before? Am liking the TNG style Romulan green make over though.

Nope it was green from the get go as it was modeled to go with the daedalus class ships for 2015.

You are likely thinking of the model for the post balance of terror set ups, a much older model. But a just post TOS one.

Not much visual difference in shapes but this one sort of had to fall into line with the ENT model we saw as the Romulan Wars as shortly after ENT. I had not time to model a replical model so I slapped this thing together. This one though is probably a third smaller in scale to the latter gray/white ship.
    -= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Aaah, yeah, that's the one. Love that design.

I like the shape of these nacelles better.

Chamfered up the existing panels and added some more to the upper hull. Still som eplaces that need more chamfering to eliminate some of the obvious segs. I am not to happy with how things are joined up on this model as it really seems to break the existance of it. Maybe breaking it up into more paneled parts and doing something with the way some parts intersect will help some. ATM I am mostly eyeing the central hull as I plan to work outwards. The struts are likely to be replaced entirely. Times I think maybe I should have rebuilt this from scratch instead of polishing the turd. It all could also be the colour is putting me off. I do plan to add some other shades of green like on the ENT model as that had 3 or 4 shades.

-= BLOG| WIP BLOG=-

Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast