Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TOS U.S.S. Enterprise Filming Sets

Awesome detailing!

Quick update. Been working on creating animated GIF textures for use on the computer monitors. This is a first test. The separate GIF textures are all timed differently between the frames, but for some reason, they seem to kind of sync up when used in C4D.

https://youtu.be/AWzJH2CyIO0
    I hope when I die, my wife doesn't sell my toys for what I told her I paid for them.

Hi Al,
    very beautiful. Can you use GIF animations in C4D as texture?
    greetings
    Trekki

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfaz View Post
    Quick update. Been working on creating animated GIF textures for use on the computer monitors. This is a first test. The separate GIF textures are all timed differently between the frames, but for some reason, they seem to kind of sync up when used in C4D.

https://youtu.be/AWzJH2CyIO0

I don't use C4D, but is it possible it doesn't recognize variable frame times and just plays them all back at a fixed speed? Perhaps try exporting them as videos at a fixed frame rate like 15/30 fps possibly in a format like .mov (with png compression or something) if it supports it.
    It's going to look so cool with all of those animated boards in there!

Thanks Trekki. Yes, C4D can use animated GIF images for textures. That is how I was able to get the computer displays to work. There are 4 separate GIF's being used here.

Thanks BlobVanDam. I believe when I created the animated GIF, I told the software that it was to be 24 frames per second. The timing between each frame was in 1/100ths of a second and I guess it averaged the time the best it could. In C4D, you can have the animation sync to each frame or second. I chose frame as it was more granular. At least I think that is how it works. So, at 24fps, each frame would cover .0417 seconds. And if this is true, then I can kind of see how things would appear to sync up.
    I hope when I die, my wife doesn't sell my toys for what I told her I paid for them.

Looks great, can't wait to see it finished.
    Building Models In 3D Studio MAX Since 1996 And Still Learning!

All New - Check out Book #1 in the Tactical Advantage Series - Alien Genocide at seanpatrickposey.com

All the images are broken (3rd party hosting temporarily disabled) - looks like you've hit some kind of download limit?
    Sean Robertson | webolutionary@webolutionary.com
    ~member of the Insane Detail Club

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12