Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Defiant Class in Blender

Latest pics. I think I sorted out the deflector snout pretty well. These colors are temporary; I'm just laying out all the panel shapes. Still have a lot of details to model, too. But nonetheless, she's going pretty fast...

Last edited by Polaris 004; 24th Jan 2018 at 20:31.
    "Of course the Neverlands vary a great deal. John's, for instance, had a lagoon with flamingoes flying over it at which he was shooting, while Michael, who was very small, had a flamingo with lagoons flying over it." --Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

SFM Guru
    Looks like you've got that nose down. Great work so far.

You've probably found these, but just in case you haven't, here's a link to some hi-rez pictures of the studio model.
    http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=9903

Which raises an interesting question, are you going to model or texture the deflector detail?

Really nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex5972 View Post
    Looks like you've got that nose down. Great work so far.

You've probably found these, but just in case you haven't, here's a link to some hi-rez pictures of the studio model.
    http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=9903

Which raises an interesting question, are you going to model or texture the deflector detail?
    Quote Originally Posted by evil_genius_180 View Post
    Really nice work.
    Thanks, Evil!

Vortex, those are the very pics I'm working off of for all the details and greebles and such. Great pics, so lucky to have them.

I will probably model all the little details I can. I like physically modeling stuff and dislike messing with textures very much. The Deflector will most likely be all modeled details.

Here's a quick update shot. Starting to mess with the panel lines/deflector grid.

Last edited by Polaris 004; 24th Jan 2018 at 20:43.
    "Of course the Neverlands vary a great deal. John's, for instance, had a lagoon with flamingoes flying over it at which he was shooting, while Michael, who was very small, had a flamingo with lagoons flying over it." --Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

Okay, steady progress on this lady. Fairly pleased with the results so far.

Still have some physical details to add to the underside and the entire aft section.

The lines underneath the deflector "snout" are too wide. They will have to be re-done.

She's still got bare shoulders.

Not far to go for this angle.

Basic Modeling for the deflector seems under control.
    Last edited by Polaris 004; 24th Jan 2018 at 20:42.

Coming along great. Good looking detail work so far.
    "No man fears to kneel before the God he trusts. Without faith, without belief in something, what are we?"

1:16, 2:4, 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13 - The Roman Road

MOLON LABE

SFM Guru
    Great stuff. Will you be modelling the insides of the nacelle housings like the physical model had?

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex5972 View Post
    Great stuff. Will you be modelling the insides of the nacelle housings like the physical model had?
    Yes, that is my intention. The blue material behind the screen will be transparent and we will see the interior greebles within the nacelles. I'm not a big fan of those particular greebles, however. I always thought the interior space looked sorta weirdly empty. Part of me wants to see if I can come up with something better. But then creating greebles from scratch has never been my strong suit.

Quote Originally Posted by psCargile View Post
    Not rendering in Cycles?
    Yeah, I guess I am now. I looked at a few tutorials and figured out some stuff... it's definitely time to get on board. Way past time in fact.

For your viewing pleasure, My defiant model rendered in Blender Cycles:

Can't even believe the difference cycles makes.

She's maybe about 80-85% done. Not too much longer now...

Trying to learn cycles is going to slow me down a bit, but it's definitely worth it.

Time to finish the modeling up...
    Last edited by Polaris 004; 24th Jan 2018 at 20:37.

WOW! Really nice job! I think you nailed it!
    Building Models In 3D Studio MAX Since 1996 And Still Learning!

All New - Check out Book #1 in the Tactical Advantage Series - Alien Genocide at seanpatrickposey.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast