Thread: New System Recommendations

New System Recommendations

Working on my models lately has shown me that while my laptop is fine for gaming it is now wholly inadequate for using Autocad. My guess is Autodesk and Nvidea finally worked something out to make ACAD all but useless on commercial graphics cards. So that means I need to build a dedicated AutoCAD/3D printing workstation. Obviously looking at a Quadro video card (big money there). Any recommendations? Also looking at the refurbed HP work stations, anyone have any experience there and can tell me which old Quadro's to avoid? Seeing a K4200 equipped workstation with 16GB of RAM and a 2TB HDD for $1400 that entices me.
    The original Totally Insane AUTOCAD Modeler
    Creator of the Spiral War Universe and the unofficial SFM Crew Calculator.
    Now Available on Kindle Via Noble Storm Books
    Spiral War: On Dagger's Wings
    Spiral War: In Death's Shadow
    Sprial War: Rising Warrior/Rising THreat
    Pick up your copies and join the adventure.
    Kindle Scout Campaign October 2017 for:
    Spiral War: Armageddon's Pall
    Vote and help get Spiral War the visibility it deserves

Moderator With Rocks In Martocticvs's Avatar
    AutoCAD accepts only specifically certified GPU/Driver combos. If what you have doesn't match, it forcibly turns off many graphics acceleration stuff and gives you **** poor performance. You can have an accepted GPU, but a too new driver version, same result. Check their hardware compatibility list before you buy!
    prdobson.com
    Current Project: The Constellation Class Thread
    DIMIDIVM·FACTI·QVI·COEPIT·HABET | SI·HOC·LEGERE·SCIS·NIMIVM·ERVDITIONIS·HABES