Page 57 of 111 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

Oh, wow... I never noticed them before, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    Thanks evil_genius_180, ashleytinger and BolianAdmiral!

So, yeah, Stage 9, shuttles... Pretty soon you'll be able to walk around these, and someday further down the line you'll be able to climb inside and pilot them out of the shuttlebay...

And here's a version with the season 1 livery:

I really do love your work on this shuttle. So so good.

I wanted to increase my canon bridge count, so here's what I started working on:

I'm having a small issue with this bridge however, according to the blueprints, the set had four structural supports at the ceiling:

These were made as part of the set, painted and everything, they even show up on the episode

The problem is, they look awful once in...

So what do you think? Should I find a way to respect the original look of the set, or just discard these things and go for a more common looking ceiling?
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Obsessed
    Glad to see you're back on these!

Re: the supports, ouch. Personally I'd say discard 'em, but then on the other hand I think you know how I feel about the "canon" Enterprise-C bridge anyway...
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

The supports... was that something that the design called for or something practical reality required? If the former, keep them, if the latter, lose them... maybe redesign some of the wall bulkheads so that they support the ceiling instead, maybe in areas we didn't see on screen. Create the bridge they wish they had been able to make.

SFM Obsessed
    I definitely agree on making an "ideal" bridge for the C! Personally I always favoured Sean Robertson's design, but alternatively I think a fully circular bridge composed of a repeat of the three aft consoles would work well.

YMMV, of course
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

There are a couple things I don't like about that bridge. That's one of them. The other is that utterly and completely useless console between the main viewscreen and the CONN/OPS consoles.

SFM Obsessed
    Agreed on the forward helm console! I think I must intentionally blanked it from memory as I'd completely forgotten that...

Would have been better IMO to put one at the rear as a Tactical station, ala Enterprise B (and as a precursor to the D horseshoe).

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    I wanted to increase my canon bridge count, so here's what I started working on:

I'm having a small issue with this bridge however, according to the blueprints, the set had four structural supports at the ceiling:

These were made as part of the set, painted and everything, they even show up on the episode

The problem is, they look awful once in...

So what do you think? Should I find a way to respect the original look of the set, or just discard these things and go for a more common looking ceiling?
    There's another set of blueprints for the Enterprise C bridge where those ceiling supports are crossed out along with something in the front part of the bridge. I don't think they ever actually built them and I don't think we get a good look at the Ent C bridge ceiling in the episode at all.

EDIT: Nevermind. I hadn't finished my coffee yet and didn't notice that screenshot. They look thinner there than in the blueprints... hrmmm. And yeah the other blueprints had the ceiling that they used for the BoBW Battle Bridge but they omitted it for some reason.
    Last edited by ashleytinger; 27th Nov 2017 at 15:18.

Yeah, there are a lot of... questionable decisions regarding this bridge design, but I like it, in a bizarre way, even though (like the exterior of the ship) it was clearly made cheap and I wish it were different.

I've tweaked all the materials, I believe they're accurate now but feel free to correct me, the lighting of the damaged bridge makes it very hard to notice the colors. I've also added the black divisions between the graphics in the three square monitors above the aft stations. Just as in the real set, they're almost impossible to see.

Last edited by Rekkert; 28th Nov 2017 at 01:01.
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page