Page 67 of 135 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

It was indeed intentional, it's the same 'polished metal' look at the bridge panels. I can of course change the material to something other Rusty.

I finally found all the necessary references thanks to the Interactive Technical Manual CD, which has photos of the set from pretty much every angle and closeups of all the props and screens. Progress should be a lot faster from here on out.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    It was indeed intentional, it's the same 'polished metal' look at the bridge panels. I can of course change the material to something other Rusty.

I finally found all the necessary references thanks to the Interactive Technical Manual CD, which has photos of the set from pretty much every angle and closeups of all the props and screens. Progress should be a lot faster from here on out.

Keep the polished texture, I don't have that much of a problem with it. Looks good so far!

@Rusty0918: Alright, will do!

More details added to the office and started with all the furniture. I'm gonna keep the layout from the Enterprise but change a few of the details around. I plan to make the CMO's desk the same, but all the rest will be different. Rusty, of course let me know if you want me to implement any particular detail or piece of furniture.

SFM Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    @Rusty0918: Alright, will do!

More details added to the office and started with all the furniture. I'm gonna keep the layout from the Enterprise but change a few of the details around. I plan to make the CMO's desk the same, but all the rest will be different. Rusty, of course let me know if you want me to implement any particular detail or piece of furniture.

Yeah, the furniture can pretty much remain the same as well as the CMO's desk.

I've finished the floor carpeting pattern, as well as the ceiling for the waiting area.

SFM Obsessed
    I must say, I prefer this grey wall color much more than the off-white in TNG.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Looking good so far.

SFM Guru
    The Galaxy interiors I picture would reflect what it would have been like if Nicholas Meyer had a bit of a say in TNG. The gray-aqua color scheme works very well, and I do agree it looks better than the beige stuff we saw in TNG.

SFM Obsessed
    Agreed! Plus I always felt TNG/+ should have differentiated slightly between medical and sciences uniforms, with medical being more aqua/teal (as a callback to the green movie era) vs a more bluish hue for general sciences personnel. I had similar ideas for an improved sickbay (that would also have been extended, and included walls similar to the S1 observation lounge redress in some sections).

The only piece I think doesn't work so well right now is the blue light over the biobeds: With that much turquoise panelling, plus the colored bed padding, it's a bit heavy on the eyes (and quite oppressive from the perspective of a potential patient! ). I've suggested before -albeit for different reasons- that the panels be a more neutral grey like the "padding" they usually represent, and I'd really recommend either that or to have the upper lighting strips in their usual white, to prevent the overdose of dark green/blue in those alcoves.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Yeah, grey looks a lot better than beige IMO, particularly for an experimental ship such as the Galaxy. The beige is too hotel looking for me.

I'm almost done with the office at this point, though I'll need to do something behind those windows in order for it to look better.