Page 68 of 142 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

Nice work. IDK if I'm a fan of the small round lights in the office... IMO, for a room that small and closed-in, that's a bit too much light. IMO, the ceiling light in the office is more than sufficient for such a small area, but that's just my own personal opinion. If it were me, I'd ditch the small lights.

SFM Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by BolianAdmiral View Post
    Nice work. IDK if I'm a fan of the small round lights in the office... IMO, for a room that small and closed-in, that's a bit too much light. IMO, the ceiling light in the office is more than sufficient for such a small area, but that's just my own personal opinion. If it were me, I'd ditch the small lights.
    Well, there were bulkhead lights in the sickbay office of the Enterprise-D in TNG, though they looked different!

I agree that all the different light sources are a weird choice, but at least here all the wall light fixtures are consistent. On the Enterprise-D set, each one of the different fixture is of a different design. I have no idea why, it's like they just went to Ikea and bought different lamps for the set.

I've finished the main bio-bed:

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Obsessed
    I quite like these light fixtures - to me it hints at the ship being just slightly older than its sisters.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Very nice work on the main biobed. I love the shape of the bed supports.

@Starscream: Yeah these look more utilitarian than the 'lounge lights' of the TNG sickbay.

@BolianAdmiral: Thanks! Indeed, it's a really cool shape that was used all the way from TMP.

I've finally added legs to the regular biobeds, as well as added more details to that area, and started with the ceiling, which is really hard to get good references for.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Obsessed
    The main examination biobed is a redress of the "Ilia scanning bed" from TMP, isn't it? I'd never noticed it before seeing these images!
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

SFM Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    The main examination biobed is a redress of the "Ilia scanning bed" from TMP, isn't it? I'd never noticed it before seeing these images!
    It most certainly was a redress of said examination bed. In fact you can see it in that particular form in "Encounter at Farpoint" in the short scene where Wesley wants to see the bridge, and when Dr. Crusher informs Picard that medical teams are preparing to beam down to the Bandi city when it's getting obliterated by that entity.

See here:
    http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x...int_hd_611.jpg
    http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x...int_hd_612.jpg

http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x...int_hd_734.jpg
    http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x...int_hd_735.jpg

They re-upholstered it in "The Naked Now."
    Last edited by Rusty0918; 3rd Feb 2018 at 00:40.

The ST:TNG Technical Manual (printed book) has a good picture of that sickbay ceiling centerpiece, and IIRC, the Interactive TNG Technical Manual CD-ROM also has some good reference shots.

SFM Obsessed
    Those EAF screenshots are awesome, thanks! I love the (privacy?) perspex around the bed area - though I'm not sure why Crusher is apparently using it as office space lol

This just gives more fuel to the idea of having an extended complex with variations in ward design as it progresses around the deck. I like it a lot