Page 71 of 111 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

I've added elements all over the place: the replicator, the CMO's desk, a status display on top of the waiting bench, and the keypads on the doors.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Obsessed
    Awesome! Can't wait to see your LCARS on these screens
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Everything looks great, as usual, but I really love how that coffee replicator came out, lol.

All looks great- particular highlights (for me) include;

- "Function over form" aesthetic- it's a working environment and looks as such.
    - Colour palette choices- I can't speak for every location, but those colours scream "hospital" to me, and the easily cleaned/maintained nature of the materials speaks further to the above.
    - Relatability of setting- by this I mean that while it's easy to visualise injured and bloody crew being brought here in emergencies, it's also easy to visualise crew sitting down for prescription reviews, family planning consultations etc', which keys nicely with the "family feel" of TNG versus other shows.

One consideration from me would be the desk in the last & second last renders posted; the raised portion facing the CMO (I assume) appears to have a low display perpendicular to the desk surface, which would be a disaster to read. If the purpose of this is to have "daily" info or similar for the CMO while meeting people, I'd consider a 20-25 degree angle, so as not to break the flow of the conversation so much. You could perhaps also incorporate that angle in order to blend the join with the desk proper, introducing a smooth but pronounced curve, rather than the right angle join it appears to be at present. Of course, you may not be finished with this yet, and I'm jumping ahead!

“ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS, EXCEPT EUROPA.
    ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE.
    USE THEM TOGETHER. USE THEM IN PEACE.”

@Starscream: Thanks!

@BolianAdmiral: Hahaha, thanks! It opens up if needed.

@Samurai: Thank you very much! Indeed these colors are very "hospital like", and the grey adds a lot to the 'clean' aesthetic instead of the TNG beige.

Regarding the desk, I agree with you, and the early version of this desk on TNG actually had an angled display inside that area, but it was later replaced by the version I reproduced. I have no idea why they changed it in the first place.

Today I've added the diagnostic monitors on the biobeds, and added the paneling details on the pillars at each side of the said biobeds.

God I love this so much. It always feels like I'm seeing a shot from the show whenever you do an update.

@BlueNeumann: Hahaha, thanks! I'm glad you think so!

I've added the x-ray illuminator (which is different from the TNG version given the weapons locker taking up some space), as well as the bands of light on the replicator (they use the same texture).

I've also "done" the little movable drawers. I say "done" with quotations because these aren't props made for TNG, but rather off the shelf drawers, and the original seller has the CAD files for them up on their website. I did modify them to have the TNG look, removing certain elements that weren't on the show version and adding the black reflective top. Still feels a bit like cheating.

Last edited by Rekkert; 3rd Mar 2018 at 08:47.

SFM Guru
    I prefer LCARS interfaces for that replicator as opposed to those bands of light - more practical IMHO.

@Rusty0918: Okey dokey, I'll replace them.

I've finished the sensor cluster, so I'm done with the modeling for the actual 'set'. Now all that's left on the modeling side are a lot of set dressing props, computers, medical instruments, etc.

Rusty, plants on the office or waiting area, yes or no?

Last edited by Rekkert; 3rd Mar 2018 at 23:14.

Wow... that overhead cluster looks great!