Page 72 of 148 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

SFM Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    @Rusty0918: Okey dokey, I'll replace them.

I've finished the sensor cluster, so I'm done with the modeling for the actual 'set'. Now all that's left on the modeling side are a lot of set dressing props, computers, medical instruments, etc.

Rusty, plants on the office or waiting area, yes or no?

Yeah, let's put some plants in there. And also, I'm not sure I'm too crazy about the ceiling in the ICU being one huge light thingy. Somehow it just doesn't seem right. Although then again the actual sickbay set may not have had a proper ceiling.

@BolianAdmiral: Thanks! A lot of work went there!

@Rusty0918: Yeah, it does look weird though we did see it this way on the show. Still, this isn't the Enterprise so we can do something other. The two ideas that come to mind are to have only some light emmiting areas, like what Tobias Richter did for his interiors, or maybe to add some supporting struts to break the monotony, Voyager style. Any other ideas?
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    @BolianAdmiral: Thanks! A lot of work went there!

@Rusty0918: Yeah, it does look weird though we did see it this way on the show. Still, this isn't the Enterprise so we can do something other. The two ideas that come to mind are to have only some light emmiting areas, like what Tobias Richter did for his interiors, or maybe to add some supporting struts to break the monotony, Voyager style. Any other ideas?
    I like the Tobias Richter approach! Let's do that!

Okey, here's what I've done with the ceiling. It's pretty much what Tobias did, but on the biobeds area I've lined up one light per bed so that lighting position isn't as random. Of course the overall lighting of the area diminishes drastically given that there are 5 specific points of light instead of one large area. Thoughts?

I love the idea that the biobeds all ahve their own individual lighting! Like a plane! Very clever.

SFM Guru
    Ah, much better!

SFM Obsessed
    I have to agree, the lower light level is an improvement.

If you were concerned about light levels around the main diagnostic bed, maybe you could add some hanging fixtures in a similar style as the ones from Future Imperfect?

ETA: Like these!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	futureimperfect034.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	115004Click image for larger version. 

Name:	futureimperfect034.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	115004
    Last edited by Starscream; 4th Mar 2018 at 23:35.
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

@BlueNeumann:

@Rusty0918: Glad you liked it!

@Starscream: Light itself wasn't an issue but rather how the ceiling looked. However I'll say that I will be working on those hanging fixtures soonish for another project.

Started adding props everywhere. The Fleet Workshop is becoming an invaluable source of references for this process.

Also, YOU get a caduceus, and YOU get a caduceus, and YOU get a caduceus, everyone get a caduceus!

Oh, wow, I just love all those little medical cases and boxes, lol. And the medical insignia look great!

SFM Obsessed
    Love all of it! I like the darker strips you've added on the walls too; as I recall that was included on Probert's concept art for the Star Trek Online extended sickbay sets?

Curious as to what you've got up your sleeve next
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.