Page 73 of 152 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    Love all of it! I like the darker strips you've added on the walls too; as I recall that was included on Probert's concept art for the Star Trek Online extended sickbay sets?

Curious as to what you've got up your sleeve next
    That strip of slightly darker color was also on the TNG set, but it may have been less noticeable due to the brighter lighting and warmer colors used. But I always seemed to notice it, lol

Thank you both! Indeed, the horizontal strip across the lab's door is there on the Enterprise as well, though the beige colors make it stand out a bit less.

Props, props, props! I'm nearly done modeling; only the CMO's computer, the hypospray and it's station, some small vials, and some plants to go! (I think, Rusty correct me if I'm wrong)

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

SFM Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    Thank you both! Indeed, the horizontal strip across the lab's door is there on the Enterprise as well, though the beige colors make it stand out a bit less.

Props, props, props! I'm nearly done modeling; only the CMO's computer, the hypospray and it's station, some small vials, and some plants to go! (I think, Rusty correct me if I'm wrong)

I think that keypad on that thin table should be moved to the main desk (the intercom unit thingamajig) - it looks better there.
    Last edited by Rusty0918; 8th Mar 2018 at 06:14.

Thingamajig moved to the desk.

Also, I've done the computer (which is a mix of the season 1 and season 7 computers from TNG) and plants for the office and waiting area. I wanted the plants to contrast a bit with the blue hues of the set, hence the colorful shades. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll finish modeling and start UV mapping the LCARS.

I've finished with the hypospray station and the remaining random props. Now onto UV mapping.

Also, I've seen some of my images crop up around sites I have nothing to do with, so despite not really wanting to, I'll start adding a small watermark to all my WIP images from now on.

I've posted some of the stuff you've made for me on other forums, but I'm careful to always give you written credit whenever I do.

I can't blame you for putting on a watermark; it's infuriating - but also unfortunately part and parcel of a free internet -- some folks are just downright rude, others simply obsessed, and a good many more simply have no understanding of proper etiquette or common decency. And apart from letting site administrators know, there doesn't seem that much can be done to police them.

Just as a side note: Starfleet medical personnel really need to learn how to 5S their equipment... :P
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Yeah, don't worry BolianAdmiral, your posts in other forums like Omega Sector are more than welcome, but I've seen some people lifting them up not knowing who did them (not claiming credit, but still).

Hahaha, yeah 5S is not really applied here, the concept of 'realism though imperfection' is in full swing here, even if that means a messy sickbay.

I've finished the UV maps and started with the LCARS. Rusty wanted a proper biobed monitor readout rather than the TMP era one used for TNG.

Last edited by Rekkert; 12th Mar 2018 at 10:41.

Those LCARS are perfect! I too was unimpressed by the obvious recycling of TMP graphics there.

I love the ambience of this sickbay too. This, really, is how the Enterprise's sickbay should have been lit...

Having the blue strips above the beds as well as underneath them also seems to tie up together better now - part of the same sterile field/filters projection system?
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

SFM Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    Those LCARS are perfect! I too was unimpressed by the obvious recycling of TMP graphics there.

I love the ambience of this sickbay too. This, really, is how the Enterprise's sickbay should have been lit...

Having the blue strips above the beds as well as underneath them also seems to tie up together better now - part of the same sterile field/filters projection system?
    The TMP graphics were out of place there. They probably never thought anyone would notice the difference (although I most certainly did). When the TNG sickbay was redressed for the Ent-A in TUC, those monitors had different graphics.

I'm hoping to soon wrap up typing up "Fool's Paradise," the third installment of "Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Galaxy Chronicles." I also need to touch up the second installment, "The Scourge," which chronicles the adventures of the USS Galaxy.