Page 146 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1498

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

@Starscream: Haha, yeah I had the same though.

I've started work on the helm console, which is a blend of the TFF and TUC styles, with some TWoK thrown in the mix as well. Pretty early so far, so expect changes in layout.

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

I love the new positioning! Have sent updated notes on details etc

Two other things stood out: That ceiling reflection is actually quite mesmerising, and: I can even make out the seating fabric in the closeup!
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

@Starscream: Hahaha, that fabric is a pain, I'm still tweaking it. It's really hard to do a convincing grey granular fabric that doesn't look like bad white noise.

More work on the helm console. The keyboards are now in place, along with the switches at the base of the station (which like the TWoK switches have a little light to indicate when they're on and off) and several other details, though still most stuff's subject to change.

Well it's looking convincing enough to me, for what it's worth!
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

Some more progress, almost there!

I've tweaked the UV map of the helm so that the graphics align better with the physical bits, plus I've added a throttle to the helm (controlled by the left hand given it's position, so it's inverted from the one Sulu had in TMP) and other elements. The remaining controls are already planned and laid out, so they shouldn't take long to add them in.

Schplendid

SFM Guru
    This isn't a request (at least not yet), but I had mind a variation of this for an Odysseus-class starship (https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20130205010307) - the prime difference would be a TUC-Excelsior style helm/nav with similar instrumentation (no domes, but perhaps the yaw/pitch/roll deal and the throttle can be integrated) - with some of the switches and push-buttons (the TUC Excelsior had these features if you didn't notice carefully).

Nice idea! I loved the Ingram and variants back when Jay was working on them way back when, and did a 2D workup of what the bridge might have looked like. Would you go on full Excelsior-blue trim, or something else?

SFM Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    Nice idea! I loved the Ingram and variants back when Jay was working on them way back when, and did a 2D workup of what the bridge might have looked like. Would you go on full Excelsior-blue trim, or something else?
    I had a few ideas of what it might look like. One idea was a TVH-style bridge with TUC-Excelsior helm and nav stations, another being a TUC Enterprise-A style with TUC-Excelsior helm/nav, and of course this one.

I do have a few other requests for Rekkert though for down the line.