Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Interiors

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dude, I love those chair textures. It's nice to finally see those up close.

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
    @BolianAdmiral: Thanks! Yeah, I still have to play a bit more with the plaque to make it look good with these light levels.

@evil_genius_180:

@Rusty0918: That looks great, I love his work! By the way, I've been experimenting a bit with the weapons lockers. Do you want them to be exactly the version seen in DS9, or can I create my own version? I want to take some inspiration from lockers we actually saw inside Starfleet vessels.

The Captain's chair LCARS are done!

@Rekkert - go ahead and create your own version. In future, I might ask for a variation of this WITH the DS9 version (this would be what the bridge would look in 2372 after being refit because of review over the destruction of her sister ship, the Enterprise-D).

Downloads
    Uploads
    @evil_genius_180: Yeah, those textures aren't that noticeable at distance in my normal renders lol

Alright, here's my take on the weapon lockers, heavily influenced by the ones on the Enterprise-A, but with smoother curves given the era. Thoughts? I've set them right behind the circuitry access panels as that's the location of the equipment lockers in Generations (we see Worf getting some flashlights from these panels in a deleted scene).

Oh, and I've also added the emergency hatch at the front.

Last edited by Rekkert; 14th Sep 2017 at 06:23.
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not bad, it definitely has an Enterprise-A look to it. But does it fit with this era? I'm not sure. I'll let others weigh in on that.

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It doesn't look like the locker has room for the sliding door thingy to fold completely down. Perhaps also a keypad might be necessary to "unlock" it.

SFM Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not so sure about the side brackets - seems a bit too "20th century" for my tastes. Other than that I think it works fine - though as Rusty said, a keypad might not go amiss
    He's not just a moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation, working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

And you just put him in charge of the entire nation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think a keypad is needed by the lockers, for the same reason I don't think they're needed on the bridge doors - it's like Picard said to one of the unfrozen passengers in "The Neutral Zone" about why an "executive key" isn't needed for the comm panels on the ship - everyone is an adult here, and capable of exercising self-control. It's not like the crew is a bunch of impulsive children who will always be grabbing for phasers and whatnot. These are highly-trained professionals, and mature adults with common sense and self-control. They know when the time is appropriate to access a weapons locker, lol.

As always, only my personal opinion.

SFM Nugget
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BolianAdmiral View Post
    I don't think a keypad is needed by the lockers, for the same reason I don't think they're needed on the bridge doors - it's like Picard said to one of the unfrozen passengers in "The Neutral Zone" about why an "executive key" isn't needed for the comm panels on the ship - everyone is an adult here, and capable of exercising self-control. It's not like the crew is a bunch of impulsive children who will always be grabbing for phasers and whatnot. These are highly-trained professionals, and mature adults with common sense and self-control. They know when the time is appropriate to access a weapons locker, lol.

As always, only my personal opinion.
    Well, one of the main armories required voiceprint access in TNG's "11001001," and the weapons lockers in DS9's "Hard Time" had a security lock. The reason for these armories is in the event the ship is boarded by intruders, and you don't want your enemy to have access to 'em!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Regarding the space for the sliding door, keep in mind that it folds around and ends up on the back side of the unit, just like on the Ent-A version.

As for the keypad, I agree with BolianAdmiral here, it doesn't make sense to have it there on the bridge. Again keep in mind on the Ent-A (perhaps the most militaristic of all Starfleet vessles given Nicholas Mayer's views), it didn't have one. And that was a weapon locker in the galley, one can assume that on the bridge of all places it wouldn't be needed. But then again, it's Rusty's decision.

Here's a version of the locker without the side brackets (indeed they date the design, but as the previous version had them I just added them in). Does it look better, worse, or meh now?

For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    If you're interested in commissions, please visit this page

Downloads
    Uploads
    That doesn't make it less silly, IMO. And if your ship is boarded by intruders, I'm willing to bet those intruders are already armed, so the last thing I'd want is to waste time with voiceprint IDs or access codes and whatnot, to gain access to MY weapons. But again, this is your baby, so all is good. I'm merely voicing my own personal preference.